Wiz Khalifa's album cover. Very questionable

Seems like we gotta deal with it. I don't like it though. Hope the album is good as or better than Rolling Papers! One of my favorites.

cover looks like some shit you'd find in a vinyl store. my guess; the work of a stylist. if I'm wrong, it's just a testament to what I already believed... niggas these days can't dress.

He stated over twitter that the cover was meant to symbolize that you should be able to wear whatever you want and do what you want without caring about what others say about you. He said if you can't represent yourself the way you want to he will do it for you. Hence the reason he's wearing some weird stuff on this because he's saying F**K what you think I do what I want.

CROSSOVER! You know what happens to MF's that get too artsy!

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I still like some of his music, but like someone said he's got a stylist pushing him to appeal to more of the masses.

Last edited:
lol this is some fairy shit.... i don't know. i think its fly as hell when a real Pimp does it. idk why i think he is "trying" to be something he isn't. he may be a pimp. and if he is. this could be fly. but until then. i am just not a fan of the acting... i see Pimps everyday. my family is full of em... and to me this seems like he tryin... try to be a thug, try to be white, try to be rich... but don't try to be a pimp...

Mannn STFU

This is just as bad as the "hipsters" out there. In this age, all people claim to have their own lane, their own style, when in reality, they got those ideas from other people!

It's funny how the term hipster even exists.

I know some people just have quirky ideas for the sake of being unlike everyone else - which can get annoying when you talk to them, but some people will see people on the street and just walk away sayin something like "****in hipsters..."

I don't get it.

This is just as bad as the "hipsters" out there. In this age, all people claim to have their own lane, their own style, when in reality, they got those ideas from other people!

^^^True statement. The pictures I posted are examples of where his "stylist" got the ideas. Nothing new. They want him to appeal to the masses. He's got this thing with smokin weed so how do you commercialize his image...Hippy/ rock and roll image. Older people in executive positions now will remember these types of images from their youth making him more friendly not some Hip Hop Gangster who smokes weed. I say Hip Hop gangster because he still hollers out Taylor Gang.

Hip Hop has been moving this way for a while in general. The whole small leather jacket...that sh!t is historically a rock and roll image. Images are being crafted in this way. Tatt's weren't that big of a staple with Hip Hop but now every artist trying to get sleeved up or worse. Everybody want that "Bad boy" (not the label) Rock and Roll image.

On a lighter note I saw a justin beiber video the other day, the if I was your boyfriend song and I thought to myself...he looks just like Ellen DeGeneres. WTF?

I'm not knocking it from any angle except the fact he doesn't look like he's genuine in that outfit. Didn't sell me on this being HIS STATEMENT. Think about Outkast, big boy never went along with the part because it wasn't him, but Andre could pull it off. Prince to this day could bust out in the most abstract outfit without us being like WTF? Just seems like to me, he's trying too hard.

He coulda made it more convincing if he put Amber Rose behind him in something skimpy, a joint in his hand, and a pittsburg fitted on, bet it wouldn't look half as wierd then, it's just nothing about that cover resembles Wiz to me. Seems like the work of PR and development trying to stir up controversy and buzz for an album.

I know enough about this biz that doesn't sit well with me, because I get the idea he just went with everything he was told to do when he shoulda said "hell no, that ain't me" or "at least let me hold a joint, put on a P fitted and put my girl behind me with her azz out".

I don't know Wiz though, I could be wrong this could have all been his vision.

The bad part is that some kids in the street are going to try to wear outfits like that... trying to be like Wiz.

... when Wiz did it for an album cover.

I doubt if Rick James walked around in those red boots everyday.

They got the jacket all wrong, that's straight up women's wear.

I'm not knocking it from any angle except the fact he doesn't look like he's genuine in that outfit. Didn't sell me on this being HIS STATEMENT. Think about Outkast, big boy never went along with the part because it wasn't him, but Andre could pull it off. Prince to this day could bust out in the most abstract outfit without us being like WTF? Just seems like to me, he's trying too hard.

He coulda made it more convincing if he put Amber Rose behind him in something skimpy, a joint in his hand, and a pittsburg fitted on, bet it wouldn't look half as wierd then, it's just nothing about that cover resembles Wiz to me. Seems like the work of PR and development trying to stir up controversy and buzz for an album.

I know enough about this biz that doesn't sit well with me, because I get the idea he just went with everything he was told to do when he shoulda said "hell no, that ain't me" or "at least let me hold a joint, put on a P fitted and put my girl behind me with her azz out".

I don't know Wiz though, I could be wrong this could have all been his vision.

I can see it now. If the sh!t flops or when his career starts to tail off we'll get that line about how he was just doing what the record company wanted but now he's going back to the real Wiz. We've all read that story before.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

The bad part is that some kids in the street are going to try to wear outfits like that... trying to be like Wiz.

... when Wiz did it for an album cover.

I doubt if Rick James walked around in those red boots everyday.

They got the jacket all wrong, that's straight up women's wear.

^^^I really did laugh out loud reading that! The imagery in my head. I don't remember us trying to mimick Rick back in the day though...I mean mf's would have roasted your ass for weeks tryin to rock some Rick James Knee high boots lookin like a prostitute.

^^^I really did laugh out loud reading that! The imagery in my head. I don't remember us trying to mimick Rick back in the day though...I mean mf's would have roasted your ass for weeks tryin to rock some Rick James Knee high boots lookin like a prostitute.

Yeah man, those clothes were stage outfits. Parliament and almost all the groups wore sequins and tight stuff but it's because they were on stage and were SUPPOSED to look different.

In Hip Hop, the artists wear what the people wear. They may get expensive jewelry, kicks, jeans, etc. but since the RUN DMC days, Hip Hop went AGAINST the stage outfit stuff.

I am more tolerable now so if Wiz wants to dress like a member of WHAM then let him. I just think that kids now don't have enough individuality to NOT wear something as feminine as that.

"Aye, homie why you wearing that halter top?"

"Wiz wore one..."

"Oh... that's nice then homie, I'mma get me a halter top too..."

"Fo sho, Macy's got 'em on sale, pink and lime green ones playa"

Last edited:
where i'm from we would walk up to a cat dressed like that and say "yo daddy shoulda beat yo ass as a kid"....

Back