will doing remixes be a better way to promote my beats than just instrumentals?

dmajor100

been making music for a while now and still progressing as a producer but the little bit of meterial is okay to say the least but i know the best is yet to come. Still there has been no major boost in my position as a working or should i say non working beat maker/producer in the field. I have many positive response on my soundcloud but i have not yet found a artist to really bring my material to life. Im not trying to blow up in one day I'm thinking logical and I've even hit up local artist who are so called doing things even tho they are metiocer artist but think i would win some respect in my home town but artist i have approach do not respond to me. SO the other day i came up with a beat and decided to throw a accapella on it and to my surprise this jumped out at me and it showed the potential of my work and i immediately got great responses with likes and comments from other people but still no one from my home town. So the main question is do remixes actually work better than just putting a instrumental out there cause there is literally beat sites around every corner just throwing out and its really too saturated. So please listen to the track below and if you have pros experience or have seen the results of producers that had success with this method of promotion please give me some tips.

Dope Remix, could even pass for an original cause it sounds like something B.O.B would rap on. Yeah remix's definitely gain you attention, that's how 9th Wonder got on. Make Youtube videos (doesn't have to be a video, just use pic of artist) and leave a link to your beatsite and a contact email

Last edited:
Back