Will Cheif Keef Ever Get It?

From the responses yall act like I'm hating on the young cat. I think yall missed my whole point or maybe I didn't articulate it well enough. They used a video of him with a gun to lock him up so why would any of his people around him put him at risk of getting locked up again by filming him in that environment? I hope he can get it together and stay out the pen because we lose way too many way too young.

By the way that Hashtag video was some funny sh!t.

From the responses yall act like I'm hating on the young cat. I think yall missed my whole point or maybe I didn't articulate it well enough. They used a video of him with a gun to lock him up so why would any of his people around him put him at risk of getting locked up again by filming him in that environment? I hope he can get it together and stay out the pen because we lose way too many way too young.

I can dig it. I think that's a big problem, nobody around him has the authority or influence to just "say turn the Mofo camera off you got a case yo". He acting like Linsey Lohan, but he ain't rich and white.

naw naw i feel you, and i agree but its an age old problem
The problem the chief keef has is the same problem that Justin Bieber is having, just the labels and companies do more to hide it.

Its hard to have voices of reason around you when you are the most successful person in your circle and when everyone around you cant function without you.

Its like why dont people talk to Floyd Mayweather about saving money instead of spending it on whores and giving it away. Because they know as soon as they do theres a chance their money pit is gonna stop giving.

naw naw i feel you, and i agree but its an age old problem
The problem the chief keef has is the same problem that Justin Bieber is having, just the labels and companies do more to hide it.

The difference between these two is, that Bieber has a smart "stage mom" watching his every step and being responsible for co-signing his every (legal) decision, plus a very strong management. In that regard, his and Timberlake's situations were not that different.

You'd need Britney's IQ (or the lack of) and real, hard commitment to the "White Trash"-lifestyle to f**k up that situation and I don't believe Bieber is THAT dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
who would u rather have watching your kids for a week? lol

GBE or the Jackass Crew?

Whitney Houston or Anna Nicole Smith

Bobby Brown or Charlie Sheen

Stepen A. or Skip Bayless?

Its like why dont people talk to Floyd Mayweather about saving money instead of spending it on whores and giving it away. Because they know as soon as they do theres a chance their money pit is gonna stop giving.

This is a true statement. Floyd's external crew changes like drawls.

Keef has Asperger's. I know what it is and that it may be unrelated, but who knows it could cloud his judgement. You never know.

some random ass kids here in NY on the lower east side just got popped for selling coke because of the pictures they were putting up on Instagram and Facebook. Pictures of themselves flashing what was probably buy money, watches, guns and all sorts of shit. Even the NYPD said the sole reason for those kids being looked into was because of their dumb shit online. I'm not the paranoid type saying every little thing like that can get you jammed up, but at the end of the day there are situations ranging from Keef's 60 day stint down to random citizens who get jammed up for putting their business online.

Keef and his crew are doin their thing. They seem like real dudes for sure. But out of all the Chicago cats, musically I prefer King Louie and Durk. I know they all kinda move within the same circles but Louie and Durk really stand out to me. Both stand apart from the rest of those kids, I think they both show a lot more depth. Just a personal preference though. They're all kinda doin' their thing and you can't help but respect that at the very least.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

and as far as those chicago kids running rap or whatever because they're getting love from Jay and Kanye and Jeezy and what not... I mean no disrespect to Jay, Ye, Jeezy, etc... but those cats are old. It's natural they're gonna find the most relevant/buzzing type of thing and try to be a part of it or at the very least, acknowledge it. It's smart. Remember how mad and old Ice T looked when he was shitting on Soulja Boy when Crank Dat dropped? No one wants to be old and irrelevant. I think it's kind of awesome that kids like GBE can start a buzz and have established acts reach out to THEM instead of vice versa. Just one of the many ways that show how things have changed and are changing

some random ass kids here in NY on the lower east side just got popped for selling coke because of the pictures they were putting up on Instagram and Facebook. Pictures of themselves flashing what was probably buy money, watches, guns and all sorts of shit. Even the NYPD said the sole reason for those kids being looked into was because of their dumb shit online. I'm not the paranoid type saying every little thing like that can get you jammed up, but at the end of the day there are situations ranging from Keef's 60 day stint down to random citizens who get jammed up for putting their business online.

Keef and his crew are doin their thing. They seem like real dudes for sure. But out of all the Chicago cats, musically I prefer King Louie and Durk. I know they all kinda move within the same circles but Louie and Durk really stand out to me. Both stand apart from the rest of those kids, I think they both show a lot more depth. Just a personal preference though. They're all kinda doin' their thing and you can't help but respect that at the very least.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

and as far as those chicago kids running rap or whatever because they're getting love from Jay and Kanye and Jeezy and what not... I mean no disrespect to Jay, Ye, Jeezy, etc... but those cats are old. It's natural they're gonna find the most relevant/buzzing type of thing and try to be a part of it or at the very least, acknowledge it. It's smart. Remember how mad and old Ice T looked when he was shitting on Soulja Boy when Crank Dat dropped? No one wants to be old and irrelevant. I think it's kind of awesome that kids like GBE can start a buzz and have established acts reach out to THEM instead of vice versa. Just one of the many ways that show how things have changed and are changing

thats a real down to earth way to look at it

i have to agree that Durk and King Louie stand out more in range of ability to put songs together

but KL been holdin down the street side of Chi for a minute but still showed love to the new cats when they popped up

Back