Will an Ext. Sound Card solve my NOISE on Int. Sound card??

R

regul

Hi, I'm probably about to buy a presonus audiobox as I get this savage noise when using my Internal soundcard to record anything.

Just wondered if I can be sure that an external USB interface would definitely solve this problem?

Attached a recording of before I plug in the guitar, after I plug it in and a quick couple of chords to demonstrate the problem. As you can hear the same noise continues throughout.

Fingers crossed ****ers.

Peace x

Attachments

• Noisey.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
No one can tell you this for certin cuz we don't know your computer personally...assuming your computer is in good health...I would say having an interface would give you better quality recordings, Aposed to recording with your pc's on board devices.

Cheers duke, but listening to the MP3 of the noise I am experiencing specifically, judging from your experience is that a sound that will be sorted out with an ext. sound card?

Or am I doomed to hiss?

Cheers duke, but listening to the MP3 of the noise I am experiencing specifically, judging from your experience is that a sound that will be sorted out with an ext. sound card?

Or am I doomed to hiss?
ok first off what are you recording this into? Are you just playing your guitar threw an amp and letting your computers mic pick it up?

Last edited:
A 24-bit soundcard will typically have much much less self-noise than the default soundcard on a computer. Also guitar level signals are really low and need to be boosted up to line level before you go into the computer interface unless the interface has a guitar-type input and amplitude gain control.

Back