why sugarcoat someones works when it doesn't help them?

I'm usually on the feedback page showing support and i see a lot of people telling news guys or just not so good guys thank there stuff is great when it simply is not and in no way am i being a hater or have a different opinion but its obvious that a lot of ppl tell pleasant lies. On sound cloud its even more strange cause i guess there is a rule that it your not 100% positive your considered a hater but how does this help new producers if they aren't being tested by more sessioned producers. When i first started out i was critisised by awesome sound click producers and yes i will admit it kinda stung but years later i know now what those producers were talking about while others now seem liked they wrote a quick positive comment so i can just feedback on their music. To be honest i wish i would get more critisisum from better producers to improve myself to a next level and for the life of me dnt know why can't feel the same way.

The human psyche does not respond well to rejection and criticism. I work as a library assistant so I have access to many books. One of the books I stumbled upon is called "How to influence people and win friends" It says that even if you're right no one wants to be criticized. The person gets offended and misses the point you're trying to make even if its a valid point. Man is a sensitive creature that wants to be praised and admired. Telling someone their beats suck in an abrasive manner isnt't the best approach. You can suggest areas of improvement while being respectful. No one wants to deal with the arrogant, insensitive know it all no matter how smart and talented he or she may be. Also on the internet, people can get really courageous and be more critical than they would be in person because there's no face to face interaction.

Last edited:
Because not everyone WANTS your help.

Sometimes, maintaining a relationship is more important than being "real".

I have a colleague that just released a project, and I think it's amateur, but am I going to tell them that? Nope. Because 1) they ain't ask me, and 2) I want to continue our money making relationship.

Exactly!!!

Back