Why people mad at Kanye for calling his album Yeezus?

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
Truthfully why? Jay-z call himself Hova, Rakim called himself God Mc. I've heard Ab Soul call himself a God Mc. A lot of rappers have compared themselves to God, Jesus, Allah, Budah etc... so why no peeps until Ye did it.

controversy = free publicity

Why ? Cause they are highly religious.

Wake up call, all rappers get attacked when they mention god in any form in a song. Snoop was called a satanist when he made "murder was the case", Jay-Z is often thrown under the bus by overly religious people for calling himself "Jay Hova". Rakim as well as Wu Tang and many others call themselve "god' because of their faiths and people from other religions attack them because they don't understand. People attacked Pac for depicting himself as Jesus on a cross, B.I.G. for wearing Jesus' head on medalions. I could go on forever.

Kanye's not the first to be attacked by religious freaks and wasn't even attacked as hard as others.

^^^Yup. The controversial "cross scene" from the "Hate Me now" vid. Puff didn't like how it turned out, the footage wasn't supposed to make the vid. When it did, Puff Daddy(name at the time, Diddy now)was pissed, when up to the office and beat the shyt out of Steve Stout with a bottle of Cristal.

Last edited:
Didn't NAS and Diddy do something on a cross one time - hate me now or something.
yeah and Diddy hit a dude over the head with a bottle after talking to his Pastor and getting a no on depiction of him/nas on the cross
and Diddy wanted it out of the video
I'm sure there is more to the story

but I don't have problem with the Kanye album name

folks will always pollute the Holiest of Yeshua
because why they are human and that's what humans do
I don't freak out about this kind of stuff

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
^^^One thing I always appreciate about you, Tone, you have a true christian spirit. You spread word, can mingle amongst non christians comfortably, and don't get worked up about nonsense that should be left in gods hands. :cheers: (alcohol free beer in the "cheers" mug, lol)

^^^One thing I always appreciate about you, Tone, you have a true christian spirit. You spread word, can mingle amongst non christians comfortably, and don't get worked up about nonsense that should be left in gods hands. :cheers: (alcohol free beer in the "cheers" mug, lol)
thanks
the ppl I work with boy!! they get buck wild with the cussing and everthing else you can think up and chicks trying to tempt me
but I play it cool and just be their friend kick it with them like the folks at my church home
I see no difference really
I just don't mix my music up because it's about a music ministry with me
and I have plenty of great faith-based music to listen to so I don't need to listen to "secular" rap/RnB music
and at the nursing home I use to work at we gave out a lot of non-alcohol beer to folks that were dying.(hospice)

been banging this lately
I just love the production and the mix
AYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

Many of people have complained about Jay calling himself Hova. Rakim calling him self god is more of an issue with his personal religios views as a 5 percenter

People develop an emotional attachment to the figures of their chosen religion so they tend take offense at anything they perceive as a deliberate insult.

Last edited:
Truthfully why? Jay-z call himself Hova, Rakim called himself God Mc. I've heard Ab Soul call himself a God Mc. A lot of rappers have compared themselves to God, Jesus, Allah, Budah etc... so why no peeps until Ye did it.

Because those people obviously have nothing better to do. However, I must say if it were a fanatical/muslim extremist and someone called themselves the Mohammad MC or some crazy shit like that, they'd probably strap a pipe bomb to the guys daughter, shove her into a crowd and press a button on a celly to blow her and innocent people up. Again, nothing better to do.

I'm pretty sure if the god of the bible (YHWH/RUACH HAKODESH/YESHUA) exists that he/it isn't concerned with "Yeezus" or anything remotely related to that.

I'd bet half the people who are complaining never read the bible so wtf?

Because those people obviously have nothing better to do. However, I must say if it were a fanatical/muslim extremist and someone called themselves the Mohammad MC or some crazy shit like that, they'd probably strap a pipe bomb to the guys daughter, shove her into a crowd and press a button on a celly to blow her and innocent people up. Again, nothing better to do.

I'm pretty sure if the god of the bible (YHWH/RUACH HAKODESH/YESHUA) exists that he/it isn't concerned with "Yeezus" or anything remotely related to that.

I'd bet half the people who are complaining never read the bible so wtf?

quite opposite Yeshua is very concerned with Kanye West he wants us all to accept him so he can show us clean to THE FATHER(I AM/Yahweh),to repair the broken relationship(s) him (Ye) and us (humankind) and be redeemed as far
as the name nope he is not concerned with that one bit
so I guess I got off topic a bit.
Like I said it's no big deal it's just like the MOMS of american group they go after tons of stuff like TV shows,movies when they should be going after ppl changing their hearts and minds.
like instead of trying to get abortion laws changed,change ppl hearts and minds so they value "life" at conception.
they are focusing on the end result and not the root of the problem, even though their hearts are in the right place wanting more of a moral social society.

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
first off which God ?? Thor???
My God has a name and it's Yahweh,you may also know his name as Jehovah or I am
but the name that Kanye West's album plays on is Jesus which in fact his name is Yeshua not Jesus
you're Tim in American and Tim in Israel
but the Church(catholic church) wanted to distance Yeshua from anything Jewish "as jews were the Christ killers" and the "whores of Babylon" "fill in the blanks evil"
which is stupid because Yeshua was born to be a sacrifice
but the early Catholic Church said
"So let's move away from anything jewish"
and go with the pronouncation of the name as Jesus

I'm not going to get into in detail because it will be pointless as many have their "spiritual eyes and ears" closed

and thinking on a superficial level

but I understand that most folks know him as Jesus which I'm totally fine with
when I was growing up I wondered why all these folks were named Jesus till I learned how it was pronounced in Spanish hahahhaha

lets keep it light on this topic because this can easily spin out of control
well off to package up some stuff to send off to my ebay buyers

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

Last edited:
but the Church(catholic church) wanted to distance Yeshua from anything Jewish "as jews were the Christ killers" and the "whores of Babylon" "fill in the blanks evil"
which is stupid because Yeshua was born to be a sacrifice
but the early Catholic Church said
"So let's move away from anything jewish"
and go with the pronouncation of the name as Jesus

I'm not going to get into in detail because it will be pointless as many have their "spiritual eyes and ears" closed

and thinking on a superficial level

That conspiracy theory is N-V-T-S nuts!

Iesous is a Greek translation, it's due to a language difference, for example if there is no sh sound in your language you wouldn't say "fresh fish" you would say...."fres fis".

It wasn't because they wanted to move away from anything jewish and like hollandturbine said, it's due to language differences.The letter J came about in the late 1400's - early 1500's. That timeline puts us past the East - West schism, and at the close of the High Middle period. That would mean at least 1300 years after the "followers of the Way", the first use of "christian", destruction of the temple and other things related to jewish dogma/doctrine, myth and lore.

No conspiracy here.

Last edited:
What you are proposing Fataltone is that the Greek language is itself a conspiracy to prevent the correct Hebrew spelling and pronunciation of Yeshua.

Sexuality and brutal violence were taboo in the upper classes of the educated French/English "high society".
So it wasn't "cool" to show such images in public (unless, OF COURSE, it was related to scaring believers with Hell
and images of it in paintings).

The male & female body were "sacred", but only as long as they were shown in a "Garden of Eden", non-threatening way (covered genitals/scaled down genitals/one breast covered, etc...)

This changed during the era of pictures, the beginning of pictures being printed in news papers and later, the "yellow press".
The salesmen soon realized, that people simply couldn't look away when seeing the images of mutants, accidents, crime, etc...
Said trend continues to this day; so by the age of 12, you probably rarely seen a boob, but you've seen police chases where the subject was shot in the head, you've seen enough "action movies", where people die every five seconds, etc...

The hypocrisy regarding the human body (especially through the Protestant "Puritan" movement in the US) stayed though and
the religious hypocrites, who'd love to see someone's head explode and parts of it shooting in their face, get "offended" when grown up
women go swimming without a bra on. Well, like I said, hypocrites.

Artists, of course, know about this "condition" and try to profit from it. Madonna would be stupid not to dress up like a teen girl and sing "Like A Virgin". :) The more people got used to it, the stronger the message that needed to be sent.
And oh yeah, only in countries with a history of conspiracy theories being believed in, can you still pull off anything "blasphemous".
"Blasphemy" being a victimless crime, because the subject you "blaspheme" against doesn't even exist. So you insult Spiderman,
the Wizard of Oz or "God". Same difference. None of them will appear and kick you in the butt.

Even Fataltone knows it and has to make up lies and scenarios that excuse the passive nature of his all-knowing, all-powerful, imaginary friend. :)

I think Kanye took it to another level beyond a lot of the stuff in the past.
He combined his stupid assed nickname with the name of the son of god, creating a stupid ghetto sounding word, and then made that the album title.

I am not religious in the slightest, but he could not have gone any more jackass than that unless he had added a '3000' at the end or something.

And you just have to listen to some of his lyrics to see that he is way far gone. Up his own ass. Lost in millions mcbillions, and probably deep down really thinks he is "Yeezus".

Why not Yeezeuss?

Back