Why is J. Dilla so overrated ??? He's no where near as talented as this guy...

What songs has he produced off the top of your head that has been hot?

I never really liked sampled beats maybe that's why I never saw him in top 10.

What songs has he produced off the top of your head that has been hot?

I never really liked sampled beats maybe that's why I never saw him in top 10.
Oh my:

I guess I'm getting old. The whole slum village fantastic vol.2 and the whole common album like water for chocolate are both classic. Anybody who says Dilla is overrated is crazy. He might not be your favorite but he's not overrated.

Last edited:
that whole fantastic vol 2 album bangs, hell the jaylib champion sound album knocks too. Don't sleep on Madlib either..

I THINK NOT!!! I agree that a lot of people seem to have the habit of putting dead artists on top. In my opinion Dilla is one of best but not thee best!! But to say that this cat is light years ahead of Dilla is beyond crazy!! Not saying that Hudson hasn't got skills, but come on!!! You REALLY "NEED" to go through Dilla's Catalogue of gemz!! All well and good having great drum skills, but it's the overall complete package that keeps my head nodding!!

Dilla had a lock on swing and timing that went beyond milliseconds, catalyse that with an ear for pitch perfect tone, a deep understanding of musical & human science/theory and all from an abstract perspective...

That puts him firmly up in the Majorities Top 10

I asked Hudson mohawke himself and this is what he has to say. I am a Huge Hudmo fan, but dilla is the roots you can't compare.

Hudmo.jpg

haha! yeh hudson mohawke is ill! j dilla is ill too of course, and i see what your saying about him being overrated.. i think its just one of those things where with out cats like j dilla, u wouldnt have hudson, whether indirectly or directly. i think you just give respect where its due but undoubtedly as time moves on other people are gonna raise the bar - but you cant forget people who paved the way..

I asked Hudson mohawke himself and this is what he has to say. I am a Huge Hudmo fan, but dilla is the roots you can't compare.

View attachment 41030

FP has always has a reputaion for having members with the least soul. I remember visiting Roc Wilder's the producer site back in the day when I was still in high school and reading comments about fp's members who were more known for combative methods and running established producers away. Boon Doc from youtube was a member briefly until he got tired of the hate(lol)

Back