why dont sounds in fl studio come out thick?

everyone just says "its mixing" "step your game up"...

why dont you assholes give him some tips.

Hes probably better off goin into FL and trying everythin he can...its not like this information in here is very useful...

vicev said:
Thats because you keeping your song as a master when in reality its not. What you have to do is open up the mixer in fruity loops. now you should see theres a bunch of mixers and 1 master. what you have to do is give every individual sound its own mixer track, the pianos on its own track, hi-hats, kick whatever.
(left click on a empty mixer) now you will be able to use the Split Mixer Tracks and it will render each sound to its own file....Good Luck. holla back if you need more info

This is actually right...you have to assign a mixer track to every sound...put an EQ on it and there ya go...

Last edited:
I call this a sound texture problem. What you might want to think of is the type of sound you are trying to get. You have to ask yourself if it's just one instrument playing or if there's something else completing the texture. Then there are also drums. Sometimes you have to help them out with a low frequency sine just to give that thickness. That's my 2 cents I hope it helps.

sf41fever said:
so when the engineer has my wav files, he can use that to thicken it up? but will it match somebodys beat thickness if the made a beat through pro tools?
*dies laughing* are you seriously saying this? the dude was messing with you.

i don't know what the engineer means by thin. maybe you're sounds just sound thin, maybe it's not even the program.

it's kind of hard to give you a good answer if you don't give something more specific.

it could be something wrong with your rendering or it could be your sounds.

not to be rude but if you're engineer is telling you that you're problem is the problem with the quality then that just isn't true. it is been proven that the rendering from various programs is the exact same. pro tools doesn't have some sort of superior audio engine compared to fl studio and so forth.

Wow as I come back to this thread and come to notice.....sorry i only been doing music for a little while now (9 years) but since you have a engineer............ITS PART OF HIS JOB TO MAKE YOUR TRACKS SOUND BETTER!!! so to kill all this talk about your tracks sounding thin,thick,skinny,fat and so on. Hire/find a new engineer!

Back