why does scott uses 2 MPCs?

he's got the 2000xl and the 3000....

maybe sometimes he prefers one maybe the other...maybe hes got options for people that come work in his studio

the mpc 2000xl has more features but the mpc 3000 has a supposed legendary groove. i havent noticed the groove on the 3000. The 3000 hardware wise feels a lot better though and a lot of people would argue that the 3000 is the best mpc made. The 2000xl is newer and it has a lot of stuff like a graphic based sample editor vs the number based one on the 3000. So there are some reasons why people may like both and have both for that reason

the mpc 2000xl has more features but the mpc 3000 has a supposed legendary groove.

There's nothing legendary about the groove on any MPC. It's the groovy legends that make the music happen. Unless told, nobody can tell one from the other in terms of "groove".

well i didnt really see him using the 3000, but i didnt watch every second. The main reasons are; more memory, more ouputs, different feeling sequencers. and maybe more midi outs/ins. the 3000 is a better machine to me.

There's nothing legendary about the groove on any MPC. It's the groovy legends that make the music happen. Unless told, nobody can tell one from the other in terms of "groove".
I agree with you. which is why I say supposed

I actually think that was just footage of the studio they where renting.
Many studios keep a couple different MPC`s.
Also he was not using the mpc3000 at all, just the mpc2000xl for a sequencer (and for layering of the kick and snare)in that video.

Back