Why do rap producers do this????????????? "Beatz"/"Beats"/"Music"

Haha I have noticed a lot of "Beats, Beatz, Music" in a lot of producers names. I myself go by "J Wonder" not "J Wonder Beats" but on my social media profiles I include "Beats" in my name for keyword/ search purposes. You will not believe the amount of traffic I have gotten just because that word was associated in my name. Imagine somone searches twitter for "I need beats", the result is going to bring up anything with the keyword beat. So, by including beats in my name, my page now comes up under that search as opposed to just having "J Wonder" and it not coming up. I just use it as an extra way of getting noticed.

Haha I have noticed a lot of "Beats, Beatz, Music" in a lot of producers names. I myself go by "J Wonder" not "J Wonder Beats" but on my social media profiles I include "Beats" in my name for keyword/ search purposes. You will not believe the amount of traffic I have gotten just because that word was associated in my name. Imagine somone searches twitter for "I need beats", the result is going to bring up anything with the keyword beat. So, by including beats in my name, my page now comes up under that search as opposed to just having "J Wonder" and it not coming up. I just use it as an extra way of getting noticed.

right, and if you established you can still drop unwanted ish

look at snoop, nigga calls himself snoop LION now lmao

Good point!

I used to go by the name if "Jehfreebeats" back in the day, til I decided the "beats" part was kinda wack.

So I decided to think of another word to use that describes beats.

In the bay, they refer to beats or songs, as "Slaps", or when a beat hit hards, they refer to it as "Slappin"

So I changed my name to Jehf Slaps.

My new production name is Phil Knockers...

I think people on the come up just use "Beatz" "Beats" "Music" as a reference to let you know that they make beats or have something to do with music.The reason why alot of people are doing it now and why its so popular cause its the smart thing to do and it works if nobody knows you or what you do.Alot of times people don't just do the monkey see monkey do thing alot of times they look at what works and follow the strategy that works. That's like asking why do people purchase .com domains when they can get a .net or .org the answer is because it's the smart thing to.If someone put Filmz or Tv behind their name i automatically know they do some kind of video production.If i see Future Producers dot com i know that website has something to do with producers if i see Lab Dummy i would really have no clue what that website is about and would probably avoid it since i know nothing about it and it doesnt have a reference in the name to that would tell me what its about.Advance Auto Parts,AutoZone,Papa Johns Pizza all have references in their name its the smart thing to do

My producer name is RicandThadeus....super random but super memorable...its kidna unique...well at least i think it is

The latest trend is to have 'made the track' or 'on the beat' as part of their name. Add a couple of Twitter hashtags and dudes names are going to turn into full sentences. Ya'll kids are too much lol

Back