Why do people always use this as an excuse...

For most people thinking out the box is a song with sythn. 9 out times of 10, it's a gated one.

Add that to the list, with being an alien, keeping it semi-old school hip-hop (ex. Tracking an sp-1200 in to an mbox), being the 15 year goon / know it all, thinking mixing and mastering are the same thing. My personal favorite is, the new buzzword “versatile”.

Yo son, did you hear the new Timbo. He used a **** sound, like a piece of **** from his ass, hitting water kind of sound , on the downbeat. Other niggas are using snares, but not timbo, he so versatile.

Ant McQueen said:
Everyone should keep a pair of neon green jeans in there closet... Anything else is uncivilized.
Skinnys jeans at that.

Don’t be Fly, be flea. Better yet, have fleas.

Ganjafeet said:
For most people thinking out the box is a song with sythn. 9 out times of 10, it's a gated one.

Add that to the list, with being an alien, keeping it semi-old school hip-hop (ex. Tracking an sp-1200 in to an mbox), being the 15 year goon / know it all, thinking mixing and mastering are the same thing. My personal favorite is, the new buzzword “versatile”.

Yo son, did you hear the new Timbo. He used a **** sound, like a piece of **** from his ass, hitting water kind of sound , on the downbeat. Other niggas are using snares, but not timbo, he so versatile.

lmao thats so true....

Andrew is this directed at the gentleman from Seattle, WA u just recently engaged in a beat battle with? LoL

Im just sayin tho...

DJMateo904 said:
Andrew is this directed at the gentleman from Seattle, WA u just recently engaged in a beat battle with? LoL

Im just sayin tho...

naw not at all, it was just a random idea lmao

his music is just.. ugh

FuGiTiVe_beatz said:
I think [F or DEAF] is the first cat that comes to mind when talking about "thinking outside the box", Thats his catch phrase for justifying the GARBAGE he makes....

Making Garbage beats DOES NOT = Thinking outside of the box!

Just wanted to point that out......

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, i replied with that before i even read through this thread. Poor soul...

you know, wackness is hard to judge sometimes.

example
someone can make a beat, all elements are there, bad ass strings, nice melody, horns, drums, everything is composed and arranged so nicely, but the person cant mix for shyt. This beat and talent can easily be passed off for wackness.

now the next guy comes with his beat, and its a simple lil sample, maybe even looped, some simple drums, but the mix is crystal clear, automaticly this is passed off as good music.

same with rapping, a lot of people have that talent, have that potential but they need someone to coach them, maybe show them how to properly record and layer vocals.

there used to be a time where that was such thing as constructive criticism here on fp.

my point is there are a lot of cats here with talent who need some tips and a lil coaching, and greatness would shine.
but people on fp are more concerned with their e-rep and are self centered.

Gutty502 said:

example
someone can make a beat, all elements are there, bad ass strings, nice melody, horns, drums, everything is composed and arranged so nicely, but the person cant mix for shyt. This beat and talent can easily be passed off for wackness.

now the next guy comes with his beat, and its a simple lil sample, maybe even looped, some simple drums, but the mix is crystal clear, automaticly this is passed off as good music.

same with rapping, a lot of people have that talent, have that potential but they need someone to coach them, maybe show them how to properly record and layer vocals.

there used to be a time where that was such thing as constructive criticism here on fp.

my point is there are a lot of cats here with talent who need some tips and a lil coaching, and greatness would shine.

but i dont get what this has to do with people classifying there music as

"DIFFERENT" "OUT OF THE BOX" "I AM AN ALIEN, YOUR ARE HUMAN WE ARE NOT"

the quote wasnt used in reference to the dudes OWN music

it was in reference to some Flo-Rida song produced by Danjahandz

Last edited:
Gutty502 said:

example

FINALLY !!!! Someone that knows what im talking about. got respect for u bro. FP IS FULL OF TALENT. But unfortunatly A few make use of it.

Last edited:
^^ but when u try to coach them... they dont accept it. Instead they reply with "im stepping out of the box" I just hope its out of the box and off of a cliff.

Im just sayin tho.

Coop. said:
A glue sandwich is different. Don't mean it's good tho. Who the fcuk wants to eat a glue sandwich.
u kno u was one of the paste eaters back in the day...

i only read the first page, but one thing i gotta say is when i listened to Kid Cudi i didn't think anything of it like "wow....this is really different" i just liked it. i honestly just think people like him are just makin the music they wanna make.

anyway, i don't really know what i'm geettin at, i guess different stuff appeals to different people.

tee-hee

a good example of this is flying lotus.

i bet a lot of dudes on here without knowing his story or connects would say his music was garbage or "too out there"...he is just doing what he wants with his equipment and having fun. he doesnt care what people think of his ****.

he is dropping cd's and traveling around the world while you are sitting in your parents house trying to duplicate a timbo track, which you never will and by the time you figure out his ****, music trends have moved on. point is, dont be afraid to do your own thing, it just might pay off.

RAnthony said:
You could be "different" if you want, but you can't get crazy

true...if you trying to appeal to "more" people than "less"...

i say, do what you want, but just "know the rules", but only apply them in certain situations...

FuGiTiVe_beatz said:
I think [F or DEAF] is the first cat that comes to mind when talking about "thinking outside the box", Thats his catch phrase for justifying the GARBAGE he makes....

don't think for one minute that i can't make what "everybody else" makes dude...

it wouldn't even be fun "falling in" and doing "normal" shyt...

the fact of the matter is this...everything ain't for everybody...

for every person out there that don't like my shyt, there will be a person that don't like yours either...

i'm not looking to appeal to the same type of listener some of ya'll are aiming your joints @...

i serve up different frequencies...i don't wanna serve up the same plates man...

simple as that...

Last edited:
^^but... but... but...

nevermind.
(chhhh-chh-chh-chh.... haaah haaah haaah...)

Back