Why do alot of music producers use Mac's?

Thiever

Wasn't sure which section to post this question. I currently use a PC for producing music but I tend to see alot of music producers using a Mac instead of PC. Why is this? What are the pro's to using a Mac instead of a PC for producing music?

I personally use a mac, they just seem faster, more relliable, and you don't get viruses. I also favor logic over any daw. But there is no "better operating system" it's all preference.

I have a mac too, I agree with Johnsell they're very reliliable. I got it 6 month's it runs 24/7 and I NEVER GOT ONE ERROR. There are no virusses. And I like how macintosh works. But that's personal.

Last edited:
i use pc, but from what i hear, the sound quality is better, i guess based on its craftsmanship? i dunno. the overall way it works is more favorable for producing i suppose...but as said, its preference, as i wouldnt necessarily get a mac...unless its free...:sing:

Joenuh said:
I have a mac too, I agree with Johnsell they're very reliliable. I got it 6 month's it runs 24/7 and I NEVER GOT ONE ERROR. There are no virusses. And I like how macintosh works. But that's personal.

i got a mac and a pc..

mac is more reliable plus i prefer logic pro.

you do get errors, but workflow just seems quicker and easier.

there are viruses though, just not as much as a pc. say for every 100 on a pc theres 1 for mac. but thats because why target something where less people are on it.

I've always heard they are geared towards music and whatnot. I have messed around with them at the apple store. They seem cool

Technically a Mac is a PC. Its just different operating systems.

veck said:
yes there is.

Not really. All computer OS do the same thing basically. Its preference.

prophecy31 said:
i use pc, but from what i hear, the sound quality is better, i guess based on its craftsmanship?

Who ever told you that is an idiot.

Macs seem to run alot smoother, just the way they sound is awesome

it really has little to do w/ sound...

I just switched from a PC laptop to a used macbook pro two weeks ago and I can honestly say the mbox2 setup took me half as much time...with no errors, and no problems to date...

The best way to put is that with a mac...things JUST WORK

you plug in a usb midi keyboard and it works. no questions asked.

because macs advertising rules?

i dont have a mac, but would buy one if i had the P, just so i can use logic and not be on same OS as most people in the universe.

macs tend to run a lot smoother. i was working with pro tools on my PC for maybe a week and it made windows run incredibly sluggish. i decided to borrow my friends mac and see how pro tools did on there. man, it ran with no problems. it booted right up, the mbox worked fine, ect. on the PC however, everything about it ran slower. most people will tell you macs are a lot better for music production and pictures. the resolution on them are rediculous and they just run very nicely. if i had the money, i'd buy one. :'( it'll take forever to get one working for 7 bucks an hour. LOL.

i personally prefer a pc... im just no comfortable on a mac even though they run way faster and have better sound quality..

i personally prefer a pc, macs run way faster though and have better sound quality but i just dont like em. i got one or two of em in my basement i might try to hook em up and see if i can get comfortable on em

Last edited:
Because Macs are the **** in general and they are better for audio and video applications. I tried using pro tools on a pc once and it kept crashing. I've never ever had an issue with my good ol reliable Mac

I've had a pc insigna for years and never crashed (unless the power went off in the house. It runs very smoothly you just have to have the right speed and memory on it I guess. I run Protools 7.0 mbox 2(with update), Reason 4.0 and sometimes Fl Studio 8.0 on it.

Last edited:
Back