Who Would You Put On The Mount Rushmore Of Non-Sample Based Producers?

SwagProductionz

@SlurRty on Twitter
I was thinking about this yesteday.. I would have up lex luger cause he invoated the trap sound and a lot of people bit/bite off of him... Dr. Dre, Swizz Beatz, and Pharrel would be up there for me too.. But It's hard to leave out timbaland, scott storch along with many others... Who would be on your list?

Dr. Dre and Timbaland -are- sample based.

Pharrell /Neptunes did so many interpolations that he just didnt clear too.

everytime I think of a dope producer who doesnt sample mostly I realize some of my favorite joints of theirs are samples.
tough question.
if we only list producers who sample 2 out of 10 times... we may be left with lil jon

obviously trollin, i mean Lex Luger is good, but damn...

Shawty Redd would be an innovator of the trap sound if anyone. but he came after DJ Toomp, was a trap sound really trap before ti's trap muzik?

but Quincy Jones, Duke Ellington, (haven't listened to enough Count Basie, or Lionel Hampton) Jimi Hendrix and Curtis Mayfield might be fitting.

Since I know we talking about hip hop music.

Teddy Riley.........New Jack Swing. Nuff said.

KLC.........No Limit......nuff said.

lmao.....at Shawty Redd and Lex....

DJ Quik.....gfunk.....nuff said. Favorite producer on any level when it comes to hip hop hands down.

DJ Battlecat....nuff said.

Last edited:
These guys don't really belong on the Mount Rushmore of the non sample-based, but 40 and T-Minus are the two who jump to mind nowadays when I think of the non sample-based.

Throw the runners in there somewhere...... Justice league as well, though I know they have a few phantom interpolations too

The roots.

Its really a tuff question when u say hip-hop. Kinda like rock music without an electric guitar.

Music producers...Quincy Jones, Phil Spector, Jerry Wexler, Sir George Martin

if you don't know who these people are you should google them...

besides all them behind the scenes mofos, I say Mannie Fresh would fit up there on the far left

(Post-2006) Dj Khalil. . .

DanjaHandz. . .

The Neptunes. . .

Hit-Boy. . .

Organized Noize. . .

Damn it's hard to think of producers who barely sample or interpolate. . .

Last edited:
Ryan Leslie? **** no! He's good but he ain't great
Yeah you right man Ryan Leslie spitting out hits in the lab ain't great at all.....I think what my man needs to be on that Mount Rushmore you are talking about is something that can show off his lack of skillz some more...like some FL a mouse and a keyboard.

Last edited:
Yeah you right man Ryan Leslie making spitting out hits in the lab ain't great at all.....I think what my man needs to be on that Mount Rushmore you are talking about is something that can show off his lack of skillz some more...like some FL a mouse and a keyboard.

i dont know what your sayihng... but you guys need to sit back and stop naming YOUR FAVORITE producers and really look at the big picture.. who's been relevant... what impact they had on the game.. the names yall naming are sounding like your personal feelings.. take em out.

Back