Who would be interested in a DJ Comp?

Carnage

Back with a Boom Clap
Not 100% sure on details yet but just wondering about numbers: looking to do something to liven things up a bit.

best bet is 2 do it DMC/ITF style... limit the time 2 like 5/6 minute sets of mixing/scratching the best takes the prize!!! I'd be hella game 4 that bruv! Don't limit the music stlyes 2 much or it'll stiffle the creativity mans gotta get funky innit...

Let us know some dates and that man!!!

Peace,

Well the options imho are:
A mini mix mixing say the same 3 tracks so that everyone is using the same tracks.

a 2 min scratching comp.

a 5-6 min turntablism comp

I like the idea of making people use the same arsenal. Like for scratching make people only use ahhhhh and fresh samples, every body should have those on hand. Or a digital only contest where you provide all samples?

Seems like you would need at least those three categories, maybe be able to combine the scratch and turntablism and just have it a max of 3 minutes.

But at any rate this forum could use a kick in the arse

Last edited by a moderator:
Im down. Is this going to be a video or audio type of battle.

definitely down, let´s see if anyone has a nice loop lying around (not too long), if nobody feels like it i could see if i can upload something (very simple), then have 2 minute heats, 2 rounds semi finals - finals
?

definitely only aaahhhhh/fresh as samples too

guys I like the idea.
I think that a video-battle of 2 min scratch with the same beat and samples for scratching would be great.

It's whatever...
Menniz Goes Hard Cuzz!!!!
I say remix the same song
you can do whatever you like
chop it, clip it,cut it, blend it, whatever you like
now Most Views wouldn't be fair because some people
got a larger following.

How would you set it up.?.

Back