Who is the King of samples?

That's really good. A few names come to mind for me are J Dilla, Alchemist, and 9th Wonder. There's definitely some great producers who kill it with the samples. I guess it depends what kinda style suits you, feel me? Too tough for me to pick just one though haha.

I really like Da Heala who worked on The Weekends first album he picked wanderlust, belong to the world, adaption samples

Depends what you mean by king of samples... If you mean "Who's the best digger?" then I'd opt for MF DOOM or Madlib because they tend to flip their beats as loops and hardly ever chop. If you mean who's the most creative with their samples then I'd say J Dilla or Flying Lotus... Or even Grap Luva.

If we're talking a combination of the two, then every day I'll say J Dilla.

dj paul and juicy j for me .. They have a certain bounce mane that they would give to a sample and you could tell its a 36 beat..LH

actually after the years of 1999-2004 is when they beats changed...its like somebody else was making them..they had that evil shit in the year 98 and earlier..im not of fan of that stuff. dj paul trying to bring i back .imo

i heard they dont make they beats tho..but thats half The industry...LH

Last edited:
Back