Who do you hear on this?! Bay Area Type Beat - Shotgun In The Stolo By: @dblkmusic1

Donta Black

Who do you hear on this from the Bay? Or Anywhere?

Leave Feedback on the mix or like my video and sub.

And leave me a link!

yesssirrrrrrr.... returning the favor. i definitely got the bay vibe from this. more of an e-40 type track in my mind. only suggestion id have for the mix is to add some brightness/color variance to it. the sounds are all one color, in my head. arrangement is sick. dope track.

this shit is funky, i like it, makes me wanna dance haha def has a Bay feel to it, good shit fam keep going

It also has a LA ratchet feel to it. especially with that "Aye" chant a la Mustard..

P.S. How'd you get the Johnny Juliano style After effects thing that matches the beat in the video?

Returning feedback as promised :)
Pretty nice man! Great vibe going on. All it needs now are some kick-ass vocals!
Keep it up man.

~Kosius

I'm not from the US so I don't know which rappers are from the bay haha.

It's dope though, the bassline is very nice and the 808 is on point. The arpeggio in the background gets a bit repetitive but overall it's really solid.

Ouch !!! that bass is tooooooo good... luv it. If i had to make a suggestion I would say put in a middle section with a kinda soaring melodic line (keys or voice) that I feel would liberate the whole groove

- I like the main meldody that compliments the DJ Mustard-type bassline
- I like the "Ay" but i think it should be lowered alittle more
- It feels like everything is centered too much -- move some instruments to the left or to the right etc. just to give the mix some breathing room
- I think the song would benefit from an 808 crash at the start of each section

Please return the favor:

"Doorstep" (Justin Timberlake-Type Beat) (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!)

Thanks!

Digging the bell melody and the bass selection in the intro. Has tyga's name written all over it, kind of seems it was inspired by rack city or the remix of some dr dre stuff that he did. Fairly simple but it works gives lots of room for the artist. Easily sell this if the price is right and you mix it a bit better. Keep it up.

Real tight, although I'm not a fan of this style, I can still appreciate the quality of the beat. Nice sounds, although you should add something brighter with a bit more of a higher pitch to lighten it up a bit. I like the 'hey' sound also. The mix is decent and the synths are nice too, it's got a nice feel.

Its nice. I like the melody that comes in 0:56. I also like the way you play bass+ boot combined. Even though these type of beats are not my cup of tea, it is obvious that this can be a hit. Find a rapper to spit over it.

Nice melodies, sounds like a beat tyga would rap on. i like the little snare drops and the hi-hats that tic outta nowhere, a cymbal crash would definitely be good on here

Back