Which USB Audio Interface?

Which USB Audio Interface Should I Buy?

• ESI DuaFire 2 in / 4 out Firewire (Not really USB but close enough)

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Line6 TonePort UX1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Line6 TonePort UX2

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Tascam US-122L

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Tascam US-144

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Tascam US-224

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB

Votes: 91 58.7%
  • Edirol UA-25 USB Audio

• E-MU 0202 USB 2.0

• E-MU 0404 USB 2.0

Votes: 29 18.7%

• Total voters
Okay, I have some cash to spend on my home studio and am thinking of getting a USB Audio Interface so that I can plugin my monitors as well as my headphones but I don't know which audio interface to buy. I have some spare cash to buy a wide range but I need some help. Which one should I buy and why? I have decided to create a poll on this for future reference.

If you have any of the audio interfaces that I have listed please let me know what you think of it. Many thanks in advance.

I would make sure that your interface is USB 2.0.

USB 1.1 has a limited bandwidth.

You need to do some research to see even then which ones are stable because some USB 2.0 interfaces have ****ty drivers.

But I have about $450 to spend on an audio interface so is there anything else which is good that I could spend some real money on?

Just cause you got the money doesn't necessarily mean you should spend it all on your interface. Depending on what you're trying to do, a M-Audio FastTrack Pro could be pretty handy for just $100. Then you could take the other 350 and hit the town and network it up. Maybe stop at your favorite local titty bar. Or better yet, Kareoke!:sing:

More props for the FastTrack Pro, ... simple and compact, which is good since I do most of my recording at other peoples' places - the gig back carries my laptop, monitors, mics and pre, and the FastTrack fits nicely on top.

Only flaw is the outputs are unbalanced RCA only, but I am never running cords so long that it makes a difference.

I say go with the fast track pro. If you ever get into pro tools you can use the fast track pro with pro tools m-powered.

But I have about $450 to spend on an audio interface so is there anything else which is good that I could spend some real money on?

Haha, you're the first person I've ever heard want to spend more money. Anyways, I've heard great things about the Fast Track. I'm getting one myself.

Just what i was looking for :)

Recently i bought a pair of ADAMs A7X, impressed with them, yet i would like to upgrade the card too, 6-7 yrs ago i bought ESI Julia, now i would like something external in case MB Pro shows up one day.
As i understand FW 800 do provide better speed than USB2.0 (3.0 too?).

So i am looking at something with decent converters, don`t need mic-ins, nor much of ins, maybe 8 outs (not necessarily), in a < 500€ range.
I`m runing Ableton in ReWire with Reason, for now.
The sound quality is of the most importance.

Thanx!
Cheers.

Back