Which school has a better facility for an audio engineer in training?

JiggyPack130

Between SAE and IAR? Please i would like to know from people who actually WENT to these schools and been in them.

Im a beginner to all this production stuff but its what im determined to do. I already know how the field of audio engineering works through various google searches and i've decided that I am going to take advantage of a formal education. My overall goal is to become a hip hop music producer who can mix and master his own shit with little to no dependence on other people. So i want to know the science of audio as well.

Im not ot paying for a BA in this and Im going to stay in NYC. Now, I've narrowed my choices down to SAE and IAR. I believe their programs are perfect for me but theres one thing that im still unsure of, and that is how the differences in equipment and gear will affect my learning experience.

I want to know what separates the equipment in a school like NYU from that found in the two trade schools im currently interested in.

What makes a schools studio better than another? What am I really sacrificing by not going to NYU (i use NYU as an example of a top tier audio school, but im really talking about any of the more prestigious audio programs)

Like what are in those schools that cost more (belmont, american univ, full sail, etc) that make them better than SAE and IAR in terms of EQUIPMENT? Is there really any difference? Do those schools just have a more comfortable, expanded set up (like more equipment than id need to master the arts of recording)?

Do SAE and IAR have everything i could possilbly need? Or is there really a difference in the quality of the hands on learning because of the studio differences?

I currently no nothing about studio gear or the science of audio and this ISNT a post about helping me find the right career for me.

No one start talking about how i can learn everything on my own cus that has nothing to do with my question.

Also, if you guys know other nyc audio schools around the same price range as SAE and IAR, ill look into those as well.

Im looking for people who actually been in these schools and maybe have worked as engineers for a while now and can better assess the quality of the training they had in w.e school they went to.

THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH. I appreciate any and all help.

Last edited:
los angeles recording school that facility on sunset cant get any better sick with it 4k an 8 k consoles to drool over and neve boards and the whole 9 , its in the heart of all these major producers/actors celebs etc..and alot of well known engineers come out that school '

Last edited:
Back