Which Producer influenced you the most to start maikng beats?

Dre, not because he's nice but because I feel that most of his meoldies I could have composed myself

i cant put it down to one person but J Dilla and Quincy Jones are two producers who's sound touched me from an early age (especially Micheal Jackson stuff....hehe...the irony)

umm alc,timbo,premier,pete rock,dj muro,just blaze and a lil of pharrell

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Quik, I was impressed with the fact that he made his own beats for himself... I started out rapping, and it was me wanting to make beats I could rap over that got me to the point now where I compose more beats than write lyrics..

nick07 said:
the only one who can make a song off a chopped 1 sec sample! lmao
If you really mean it that way than you don't have a notion about what sampling is about....
just playing. I'm an a****le.

Last edited:
Kanye, Just Blaze, Pharrell, Mannie Fresh, Scott Storch, Timbaland, Dr.Dre, DJ Shadow. I basically get my insparation from anyone out there that is doing really big things and those who are out there trying their hardest to make it in the game too (to include myself).

So it's POP Music youre aiming after?

all Hiphop nowadays is POP music.
Michael Jackson's Thriller is less POP than any 50 cent tune right now. For real.

Last edited:
I would say 9th wonder and Dj premier no doubt, they both have unique styles that really got me into it.

The guys in the Amiga/PC scene in the early-to-mid 90s. Purple Motion, Skaven, Dune, Travolta, Dr. Awesome, Lizardking, Necros, Jester, Groo, Elwood...

During/after that period... Amon Tobin, Liam Howlett, Tom Jenkinson, Richard D. James -- and then the influences just kind of exploded all over the place, going back to the synthesis/sampling pioneers of the 60s and 70s and so on and so on :p

Back