Which producer/artist are you? Man the f*ck up!

newpassword

Everyone is on some "music is at an all time low" sh*t. Asking what happened to classic beats from 2002 or 2003. Back in 2002, some folks sounded just like you. They were saying music is at a low time low. Back in 1997, folks were saying that BS. When Diddy and Bad Boy were popping, some people were saying music is at an all time low. When Hammer was popping in early 90s, some people said the same. Even when Ray Charles started popping in the 50's some said "real" music was dying (lmao). In other words, people will ALWAYS say this. That got me thinking as to why people say that and I think the answer is as follows. I wondered how people here would compare.

If you think music is at an all time low, you are one of the following:
1. You're old. You can't relate. You don't get it. The younger folks are probably laughing at you.
2. Your beats/songs are wack. They can't compete with the "industry" beats. You want to do music but you are just not good enough.
3. You're mad. Not necessarily a hater, but you're mad that you're not on. You feel you are better than people that are out right now.
4. You're a hater. You can't stand seeing people jump in the game for 15 minutes with lazy azz rhymes and end up making more money than your entire family tree.
5. None of the above. I.e. - You don't think music is at an all time low!

Which one are you? Man the f*ck up. If you think music is at an all time low you ARE one of these 4.

PS - I am number 3, lol.

If you think music is at an all time low, you are one of the following:
I don't think low because of overall quality, I think low because of a lack of choices.
People didn't say MUSIC was WACK, they said HAMMER was wack. Big difference.
P-Diddy, under pressure, came out and admitted he wasn't a rapper. People liked him after that.

1. You're old. You can't relate. You don't get it. The younger folks are probably laughing at you.
Except there are more OLDER people than younger listening to music. So the majority thinks the music sucks.
So who does that make right?

2. Your beats/songs are wack. They can't compete with the "industry" beats. You want to do music but you are just not good enough.
That might make sense if the bar was going up and not down. Today's beats are easy to make [simpler and more tools and resources available], it's the image of the rapper that's selling records. Ask a rapper if he's too old, not any producer. Any technically adequate producer can slap together beatz from any era. The question is, do they want to.

3. You're mad. Not necessarily a hater, but you're mad that you're not on. You feel you are better than people that are out right now.

Probably a good one, but- on with who? is the next question. If I make boom bap beats I probably want a rapper that fits over them..um...over them.
If Kool G Rap rhymed over my beats [if that was my style] then I win. And that makes me on. If I make a style of beat and rappers that rhyme over those kind of beats aint feeling me then hating today's music game has nothing to do with my problems.

4. You're a hater. You can't stand seeing people jump in the game for 15 minutes with lazy azz rhymes and end up making more money than your entire family tree. Unless I really thought I had music worth a million dollars. I would be angry and jealous if I looked just like them, sounded like them and had no success.

5. None of the above. I.e. - You don't think music is at an all time low!
I do and I just want want easier to find choices. I don't want to stay up late, till 4 am to hear real hip hop like I used to.
I don't want to scour the ave for underground mixtapes...
I don't want to filter through 50 wack mixtapes to find 1 good one.

And so the industry has a filter- make it through the mill and you get TONS of exposure and support. Flip or Flop, hot or not.
I wish the undaground had some kind of farm system.

Back