Which MPC should I get??

then wats 64bit for, i thought that 64bit mode took advantage of multi core...? i never quite understood the whole 64bit thing, i still use 32bit tho cuz not all my plugs are 64bit.
64 bit allows you to use more than 4 gb of ram. Meaning bigger sample libraries but that doesn't mean that your pc has enough horse power to handle all of those different things going on. thats where multiple cores come in. multi core is literally having a different processor handle a different thing for everything on your system. So 1 processor to run machine another to run kontakt another to your os ect.

64 bit allows you to use more than 4 gb of ram. Meaning bigger sample libraries but that doesn't mean that your pc has enough horse power to handle all of those different things going on. thats where multiple cores come in. multi core is literally having a different processor handle a different thing for everything on your system. So 1 processor to run machine another to run kontakt another to your os ect.
ahhh ok i see, yeah that would be nice to have. im surprised NI hasnt done that yet. seems logical.

Last edited:
Back