Which mpc do you use?? (Suggestions)

lilajondeck

Sup, looking to buy an mpc if any one can tell me which mpc they use and tell me why they got that one id really appreciate it! Also if you wish you would of gotten another one or plan on upgrading please tell me to which one and why!?!

Thanks!!!

I owned an MPC 2000 for several years, it worked well for quite a while, but making music was very tedious. I would sequence my external synths, run the audio back in and sample the loops individually, a song generally took me about 10-20 floppy disks. I sold the 2000 4 or 5 years back and bought the 2500. It made the work a lot easier considering I could save and load directly off of the hard drive, but besides that it was about the same. About a year later I got abelton and generally don't use the MPC that often, but the workflow is great if you don't want to use a computer

MPC2000XL, I've had it for a little less than half a year. I bought it because at the time I couldn't find a suitable 1000 on Ebay and I wanted the timestretch feature that the 2000 didn't have. The only gripe I have is with storage. Mine doesn't have the MCD so I'm stuck with zip disks which I've had so many problems with I've given up on saving my work. Aside from that I love the 2000XL. Only upgrade I've got planned is to buy a card reader ASAP. In the future I'll probably buy a 2500, 4000 or 5000 when I can afford it.

Mpc 2000. I mostly used it for the sequencer because i had 2 other samplers but wanted a solid hardware sequencer. But I zapped it installing memory on my carpet like a genius and its been sitting in my closet for over a year. Ill eventually get around to fixing it but i mostly use Reason with Record these days.

Started off with a 2000XL back in 2001 mainly because I was young and thought that's what I needed to make beats, not even knowing what it did other than played drum sounds. I learned the basics of this one over the years and picked up a 2500 back in 2009, mainly for the larger amount of memory, the hard drive and the effects (didn't have the effects card on my 2000XL). I've recently gone back to my 2000XL for a project, but I still love my 2500 as well. My next upgrade for the 2000XL (since the 2500 is now fully upgraded) is the effects card and maybe the 8-outs board.

Just wondering, but why would you use both? I happily got rid of my 2000XL when I got the 2500, and I had the 8 outs and effects card.

I just got the MPC 5000 mainly for the drums, they sound amazing!!! And the sequencer is very easy to work with, definitely a great piece of gear!!! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I have used um all.
But my workflow is down to a science on the mpc5000.
Even posted it on youtube,work a watch for any mpc user I would say.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WxedpMu3eNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just wondering, but why would you use both? I happily got rid of my 2000XL when I got the 2500, and I had the 8 outs and effects card.

I didn't get rid of it for the "sentimental value". i couldn't/can't bring myself to part with it. But to me, the workflow is a little different between the two, and I seem to get a different vibe from each machine (don't know why that is).

I have used um all.
But my workflow is down to a science on the mpc5000.
Even posted it on youtube,work a watch for any mpc user I would say.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WxedpMu3eNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
the mpc 5000 is a beast and easily one of my favorite mpcs that I have used. I have used all of them except for the 60 and 60II. My favorite is probably the 2000 or 2500 followed by the 3000 and then the 5000.

I use the MPC 2500, only one i have ever owned or had much experience on. I has its good and bad like anything else.

I use the 2500, just bought 128MB worth of ram for it because when you use the stock ram on it you can't even do anything like pitch bend, time stretch etc. Other than that I love it. The 2500 work flow is way better to me. I feel people buy the 2000 because of the popularity with producers (Kanye West, MF Doom, The-Dream, etc)

Back