Which is the best beatmatching software?

i don't know about best, but i certainly have not been able to find fault with pcdj red. Does exactly what it say on the tin. ;) It does however not find the BPM for every track in your recordcase, but is successful 95% of the time. I've only been using it a couple of months on and off and have found it simple to use. I once had decks but can't afford at the minute so this is the next best thing. :)

Kwame said:
i don't know about best, but i certainly have not been able to find fault with pcdj red. Does exactly what it say on the tin. ;) It does however not find the BPM for every track in your recordcase, but is successful 95% of the time. I've only been using it a couple of months on and off and have found it simple to use. I once had decks but can't afford at the minute so this is the next best thing. :)

EDIT! Just messed about with the manual beat counter function tonight. It works very well. :)

sorry, but programs that beat match with one button, or without having to at least drop the beat in on time, are for GIRLS.

Man, what happened to actual practice and skill?

PCDJ, BPM studios, and traktor using manual beat mixing, with BPM extraction assist, are the best for actual DJ's....not people trying to front..

Hi, appreciate your response, since the topic of this thread is "beatmatching" meaning having the software beatmatch for you, that is the reason why I say VDMX is the best but remember that VDMX will also "manually" do anything the competition does. I am not a "girl" and the reason why I am looking into "autobeatmatching" is because I don't have the "time" anymore to stand behind the equipment so I am looking for a software that will beatmatch for me any playlist I put in there.

yea, but do you want any joe shmoo wannabie dj picking up this totally automatic beat mixing DJ software program and taking jobs away from the cats that actually know how to do it themselves?

Death to the DJ...

VDMX beat any soft when it comes to beatmatching.
Auto beatmatch claimed in PCDJ, BPM studios, and traktor are just hurrible. traktor is even worst.

Maybe it's a good thing for me that you brought up this issue as the last time I had tried Mixvibes which was a year or two ago, it did not have the "1 click Beatmatching feature" as far as I can remwmvwr so I will go look into it again and get back you to you, thanks.

I tried the demo of the Pro version, I couldn't see a way to just "1 click beatmatch" anything even though they advertise that it can. For me, VDMX is still king when it comes to beatmatcthing.

First time I am seeing that software, what does it do? I read the description on the page but I don't really see anything about "Beatmatching", the software I'm talking about is Visualdiscomix, we call it vdmx for short and can be found here:
www.visualdiscomix.com

densma said:
VDMX beat any soft when it comes to beatmatching.
Auto beatmatch claimed in PCDJ, BPM studios, and traktor are just hurrible. traktor is even worst.

I just tried Mixvibes Pro4 and it's
not bad for beat matching either.

While I agree that traditional beat matching is more of a skill and definitly fun to learn how to do. What I'm looking for right now is a program that can adjust mp3s/wav tracks to a set BPM and then save it that way. Are there any good programs out there like that? Any reommendations would be helpful.

I'm passed the live dj spinning phase for now and i'm mostly interested in designing mixed sets by track compilation etc.

Thanks in advance.

Back