Where/How to Get the Authentic Drum Sound?

JJMarfisi

Young, Lavi$h, & Talented
Hello,

How can I get the authentic drum sound in King Los's song "Creator," especially the snare? Is there a certain drum kit or do I have to find someone with drums to play it?

Go to 2:06 to here the drums.

real drummer playing a real kit but can be duplicated in software - I've done this sort of programming many many times before

it comes down to being able to transcribe rhythms and and your imagining of the lines more than anything

real drummer playing a real kit but can be duplicated in software - I've done this sort of programming many many times before

it comes down to being able to transcribe rhythms and and your imagining of the lines more than anything
Is there any software/drum kits that have the sound I'm looking for?

you might try the Abbey road drummers series (60's, 70's, 80's, modern) also BiaB has plenty of drummer type settings that can be accessed stylistically

All those drums Coach and jxjamin mentioned work beautifully. I just used mpc drums for this beat and I've had comments from other producers asking me how I got the drums to sound authentic. I didn't even mix them, just added a bit of reverb and made certain rhythms that drummers do. Doesn't sound too real sounding to me but it works.

Check out what I mean here

Back