Where do you want to be in 5 years?

I've gotten further the last year than I have the previous 9. In 5 years I hope to have a dedicated studio where I can create what ever I want. Have no real plan to be world famous, but skilled enough to play my music in various places!

in 5 years I want to have quit my day to concentrate on what is no longer a hobby, I stopped classing it as a hobby as soon as I started making money from it.

My plan is, like Wallengard, to have my own studio. I also dream with the day that I can live out from music, but I know, too, it's pretty difficult to achieve that.

5 years ago, I was just a normal employee at a bank, didn't produce a single song. And spent most of my free time drinking beer and going to raves.

well in 2 years it'll be five years of messin with fl and reason, i just want to be able to do sound design and play my 88keys by ear and hear notes in songs immediately without looking at the sheet, and if there is none make a sheet up.that is seriously all i want to learn to do, if i can do that im good :/ it's one thing to want to do something and another thing to dream you have that ability then wake up and you're only halfway there -_-

as for blender...that will be hell on earth to learn.but unfortunately for me i also want to make my own rpgs after playing kingdom hearts and grimgrimoire.but those armature things get in the way D:

wait...that's like 3 things.yep yep nevermind 3 things sound design, note recalling(telling what notes are in a song fast) and blender animating.

well in 2 years it'll be five years of messin with fl and reason, i just want to be able to do sound design and play my 88keys by ear and hear notes in songs immediately without looking at the sheet, and if there is none make a sheet up.that is seriously all i want to learn to do, if i can do that im good :/ it's one thing to want to do something and another thing to dream you have that ability then wake up and you're only halfway there -_-

as for blender...that will be hell on earth to learn.but unfortunately for me i also want to make my own rpgs after playing kingdom hearts and grimgrimoire.but those armature things get in the way D:

wait...that's like 3 things.yep yep nevermind 3 things sound design, note recalling(telling what notes are in a song fast) and blender animating.
you're literally asking to have perfect pitch which is basically impossible to have unless you're born with it, try learning all the intervals by heart and then experimenting from there, it's a lot of work but you can do it

started off with simple c,d,e,f,g,a,b rythm and learned white notes by ear.then black notes.

from what ive seen in youtube tuts just now, intervals are spaces between notes.

that would take a while to learn.C to G is a perfect 5th and it seems like all the notes are the numbers apart.so C to D is a perfect 2nd i think.the black notes seem to be called augments.

i know all the notes by ear though but the time it takes is like well, recalling a letter in the alphabet.

Five years from now, my chops on the guitar and theory knowledge will have improved enough to be considered a capable jazz musician. Meanwhile, back to the woodshed.

Back