Where do you get your artwork?

Star27

I wanna use some of the well known rapper's artwork on my Soundcloud but I'm afraid of copyrights. For example, say I uploaded a Rick Ross type beat so I will use Ross picture. Where do you guys get your artwork from?

Last edited:
Yeah but where did those photos come from? Somebody have to made them. I can google images and use any pic I like but that's the thing, I don't know if it's ok to use them on my Soundcloud. I also seen a lot of Drake photos on Soundcloud it makes me wonder if they actually steal those pictures. I wanna use one too but I can't Photoshop.

I look for pictures on google images with "Creative Commons" licensing. Then I just layer any text I want on top of it using an online text editor.

I look for pictures on google images with "Creative Commons" licensing. Then I just layer any text I want on top of it using an online text editor.

Any person can pics a copyrighted picture, and then publish it as "creative commons". Be careful. Not all photos on google are tagged in the right way.

To the OP: why don't you just use what you're feeling like using? or take your own pictures, and use them? And I don't get why you wanna use Rick Ross' image on a "this is a Rick Ross type of beat" song you uploaded. People won't like it more just because you've put a photo of him there, you know?

If you aren't selling the music does it really matter? Most pictures are posted by many people all over the internet. Just curious, Does it really matter if its just for fun?

Any person can pics a copyrighted picture, and then publish it as "creative commons". Be careful. Not all photos on google are tagged in the right way.

To the OP: why don't you just use what you're feeling like using? or take your own pictures, and use them? And I don't get why you wanna use Rick Ross' image on a "this is a Rick Ross type of beat" song you uploaded. People won't like it more just because you've put a photo of him there, you know?

If you aren't selling the music does it really matter? Most pictures are posted by many people all over the internet. Just curious, Does it really matter if its just for fun?

I know, but it give the listener the impression. It make it look even cooler. Adds more low end to your mix and make it sound better.

Last edited:
I know, but it give the listener the impression. It make it look even cooler. Adds more low end to your mix and make it sound better.

This is true. The sicker the artwork the more experience it automatically gives the producer. A picture of a girls ass automatically guarantee's it will be a banger!

You can always make a request on some Photoshop/Graphic Design or other forums.
Although these folks will most likely:

1) make artwork with their signature (if they are kind enough)
2) ask you to give them your $$$
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

What kind of art are you looking for? I draw and paint, here is a sample of my work that I put together this last week.

Art and music both done by me. If you looking for abstract and or anything crazy, I would be happy to talk to you about it, just let me know!

A friend of mine did the artwork for my first two releases:

l_4ea56f5e96eb4036a4f910b550614e50.jpg

0.jpg

The last project I integrated some photography + added a little caligraphy:

a1262485180_10.jpg

When helping each other out in doing projects, you will never have to spend a dime.

Back