when will trap die out and should it?

Trap music is a genre like pop/r&b/electric its not going anywhere no matter how many wack rappers/producers/beat makers come out doing it.It's been around for 10 years now and it's just really getting it's shine as far as mainstream.Don't like it? Ignore it then that's the only thing you can do about it.You talk about evolution.Trap music has evolved a whole lot since T.I's "Trap Muzik" or Young Jeezy's "Streets Is Watching".Name 1 trap song that's out right now that sounds like anything on either one of those 2.This year's trap music sounds nothing like last year's trap music it's evolving right in front of you and U.O.E.N.O. Also trap music is not a phase its a lifestyle.

Well chopped and screw is and was a phase like you said and developed in houston from dj screw.

What do you mean by phase? I'm confused.

You know what? Dudes never listen....I will just sit back and smile at all of these misunderstandings.
willy-wonka-wilder-300x300.jpg

Want to talk evolution of southern hip hop......and start with "buck" music. lmao!

Sad man........I miss when DJs used to take slow jams and add 808 drums to them back in the late 80s.........and become a legend in their city in the south. You would never know those dudes....you weren't around...there was no internet....they stayed region....but they made some good money and got much love doing it. It was well worth purchasing a sampler JUST FOR THAT REASON.

You heard shit like this from local DJs

Big Lac......15's in the trunk sittin on them trues and vogues GOT DAMMIT!!! Bumpin the dude in the neighborhood's new mix. It didn't stop with what Screw was doing in Texas.....dudes were in Florida speeding up slow jams to a shake a booty pace...chipmunk style....you don't hear about that today though....maybe somebody my age can tell yall about that.

Your minds are limited.....don't tell the whole story. You need a Delorean.

Because man.......to live during those times....and then have rappers on T.V...man!!! Yall missed it. I see yall today...I ain't missed nothing. Yall just put names on our shit...like it's new or something...that's all.

Last edited:
why would you care ? Are you next going to complain about Justin Bieber and One direction ? If you don't like trap then just bumb other types of rap, simple isn't it ?

Bro

In regards to Southern Hip Hop music I can relate to a hit record like this:

Because I grew up in Queens N.Y. in the EARLY 80's listening to records like this:

Do you hear the connection?

Niggas go on and on about the same old tired boring discussions.Bottom line nigga if you don't like what you hear then change the channel ain't nothing else you can do about it.Going on message boards crying like lil ******* ain't gone change shit so just deal with it and stfu

People have a lot to say about trap music all the time but what about other genres of music like Heavy Metal Country ETC!!!! It all gets old they say the same shit in country music all the time!!! Heavy Metal you don't know what the **** they are talking about, so the way I see it listen to what you like and call it a day.

Joking ppl but people dnt know how to discuss a topic like adults. People get all butt hurt im guessing cause they live trap or something when the closes they will ever get to trap is yelling out y.o.l.o. I have my opinions about it but that doesnt not mean i dont think its good music i just think its repitative and done to death. A follow up question would be why is it put out there so much when even better music is made by unknown producers and artists?

Joking ppl but people dnt know how to discuss a topic like adults. People get all butt hurt im guessing cause they live trap or something when the closes they will ever get to trap is yelling out y.o.l.o. I have my opinions about it but that doesnt not mean i dont think its good music i just think its repitative and done to death. A follow up question would be why is it put out there so much when even better music is made by unknown producers and artists?

Breh it's done alot because its what niggas like to make and what niggas like to listen to its that simple.My question to you is why is it so hard for you to download and buy the music YOU like and stop worrying about why everybody else like what they? Go listen to some pop/r&b/dubstep or something but this trap shit is the best gerne in hip hop and its what the urban crowd is rocking with and it aint nothing you can do about it so deal with it

Breh it's done alot because its what niggas like to make and what niggas like to listen to its that simple.My question to you is why is it so hard for you to download and buy the music YOU like and stop worrying about why everybody else like what they? Go listen to some pop/r&b/dubstep or something but this trap shit is the best gerne in hip hop and its what the urban crowd is rocking with and it aint nothing you can do about it so deal with it

I glad I'm a black man(more like brown as most "black ppl" are) and not a nigga

you folks should be beaten like this and you learn not to use the "N" word
because you'll

emtill1.jpg

have more pride in your "black" heritage and family

fools I tell ya

don't take it personal I just hate this kind of ignorance but it's breed among our ppl to be ignorant like this

downfall of the black community and we glorify it to make some bucks

sorry HARDWORKER73 rant over

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Not whole black ppl thing was a joke it is the 21 century so cares about the N word. Mexicans,whites,asains use the words towards each other everyday and even tho i do find it ignorant just just how urban life is. Back to the music thing, i know hip hop have there mini genres like boom bap,trap,krump,crunk and so on but that doesnt explain why trap has been in the spot liNot whole black ppl thing was a joke it is the 21 century so cares about the N word. Mexicans,whites,asains use the words towards each other everyday and even tho i do find it ignorant just just how urban life is. Back to the music thing, i know hip hop have there mini genres like boom bap,trap,krump,crunk and so on but that doesnt explain why trap has been in the spot light for this long as it has.

I glad I'm a black man(more like brown as most "black ppl" are) and not a nigga

you folks should be beaten like this and you learn not to use the "N" word
because you'll

View attachment 38973

have more pride in your "black" heritage and family

fools I tell ya

don't take it personal I just hate this kind of ignorance but it's breed among our ppl to be ignorant like this

downfall of the black community and we glorify it to make some bucks

sorry HARDWORKER73 rant over

-Coach Antonio

I see what you sayin but there's a differance between "nigga" and "nigger"

Agreed and glad people of the black community can understand this

that because we believe it to be so
it's the ignorance of the black community
even calling ourselves "black"
now we are African-American
because we don't even know what country our ancestors came from
so we are named after a continent instead

our ppl used to have more pride
instead of trying to change up a word from nigger to nigga
to me the word nigger is like eating dog poop
and the word nigga is like eating dog poop inside a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
looks and smells better but still dog poop

we can dress it up but it's still a form of derogatory term

I understand words change
like gay meaning happy
now it's a word from lesbians and homosexuals

I just have a strong view point on having pride in my race and I don't take any wack mess
I want us to be proud
there was a time when only the "black" community could say nigga
now since rap and hip-hop culture is popular now it's okay for everyone to say it

I guess since the word Boy or Boi is popular now too
everyone can go around calling each other boy/boi instead man or sir

I don't know I just think a lot different than folks in "our black" community
I'm no better than any one else though

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Back