Whats the deal with these BPMs?

Bentley

Serato gives me 1 BPM and Virtual DJ gives me a different one. The one on VDJ is usually double then the one Serato gives me but sometimes its just some random fing number.

think about it: generally your kick will be on every beat, so say 130bpm - but a hi-hat may be every half beat (effectivel 260bpm on its own).

It depends on what the beat counter is picking up on. ANd breaks etc will cause some abnormalities.

Just use your ears :monkey:

Last edited:
Yup. Technically any multiple of the bpm is correct, it would just be in double time or half time depending on which bpm is given. 90 bpm = 180 bpm double time = 45 bpm half time...

+1 on use your ears, but if all else fails, look up Mixmeister Bpm Analyzer. It gives fairly accurate readings most of the time if the track is a consistent tempo.

Peace!

Best way to do it, is to do it yourself. Get an old analog clock, then for 15 seconds count how many beats there are. Then multiply your counted beats and multiply by four.

Or, you could just use the tap function in Serato and tap out the beats.

Best way to do it, is to do it yourself. Get an old analog clock, then for 15 seconds count how many beats there are. Then multiply your counted beats and multiply by four.

Or, you could just use the tap function in Serato and tap out the beats.

Ya, there are programs/plugins that just let you tap it out for yourself and get the tempo, FL has one built in, its so easy.

Back