Whats the best way to learn professional 80s style mixing?

Dominik Karkowski

Hi guys!

I am an 80s music producer myself, but my mixes usually don't sound professional (because i don't know what i'm doing haha)
What is the best way to learn how to achieve professional mixes in this case? (without having to pay hundreds for a course....)

Thanks!

Great advice 8-) Thank you very much for your recommendations. I have been spending a lot of energy lately to improve my guitar skills, but sometimes I have to do so many different academic assignments. I delegate this when it's really difficult for me to write writers from the https://writix.co.uk/ company who have vast experience in this field and who always write very high-quality and well-reasoned texts.

Last edited:
You can get an idea just by listening. A lot of the mix sound was due to the sounds they were using... Lots of electronic drums and analog synths. And obviously gated reverbs.

One thing I've noticed is music was not as bass heavy as it is now. I mean the bass is there, but it's not emphasized like it is today.

If you have any interest in pleasing today's music consumers, I would recommend you do an 80s hybrid.. you can use similar sounds as they did in the 80s, but make sure the bass is prominent or it will sound weak. Bruno Mars and the weekend have some 80s hybrid type songs.

Back