What's the best value active or passive/amp?

JCinator

Okay, so I'm a beginner facing a bit of a dilemma, I was hoping you guys would help me get what I need.
BTW this is my 1st post, so this is where I am at the moment:
I've been simply making music beats (mainly hip-hop) using FL for a bit over a year. It wasn't until a few months ago that I started getting into the mixing and mastering side of things and started learning a lot more about producing. So, recently I decided that I would build a budget home studio to kick things up a notch.
For the past few weeks I've looking for the basic necessities in a studio (monitors, recording equipment, etc.)

Recently, I came across a pair of the KRK R6 passive monitors for $120 each, which I though was a good deal so I went ahead and purchased them. My mistake was not doing my research beforehand, because when I got home I started to look around for amps. However, I wasn't really sure what I was looking for.
I am easily able to return these if I really want to, but I'm not sure if I should...and (hopefully) that's where you guys come in.
As far as quality and price would it be best to return these and get some active monitors (I would get the powered version of the R6)? Or keep the R6s and get an amp for them?
If getting the amp is my best option, is there any recommended amps out there at a reasonable price?

Also, if you guys think this is at all relevant I also purchased a Presonus Audiobox USB interface.

Sorry, for the life story, but please help me find what I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Back