What's next? Learning music theory?

cartwheel1984

Hello all again, still learning my music theory slowly! I'll get there in the end! I'm enjoying learning new things all the time and although I'm slow on the piano it's making a lot more sense on my daw which I'm happy about and sounding better! :-)

So far i have been learning, names of keys, scales, maj and min triad chords, inversions, arpeggio broken chords.

What should I learn next?

Thanks for all your help and putting up with my questions!!!

Cheers band coach once again! Iv sort of been learning chord progression anyway just 4got to mention it, but I'll look into the others!
What about intervals? Are they easy to learn?

figured that with having learnt about chords and inversions you had already mastered intervals - they are a key part of understanding the inner workings of chords and inversions

you honestly dont need music theory to learn to make beats .. it's about having an ear for what goes together at the end of the day honestly..

sadly op thinks they need more than what you believe in

having that ear needs to be developed somehow; learning about what makes music tick is one way to develop that ear (and a sure fire way to know that if you can imagine it or hear it, you can play it)

Different types of chord progressions i.e. circle progressions and cadences. You def dont NEED to know music theory but it def helps with understanding what you want to do with less trial and error

Back