What you choppin with?

LordEnoch

LΔS† HƟVSE DVNGEƟN LƟRDZ
PEACE!
Just curious about what everybody is using to chop their samples. I am using Adobe Audition with Slicex. I make all my beats in either FL Studio or Ableton Live, I need more of that Recycle control but Recycle no longer works on windows 8.

Pro Tools to chop the loop from the audio clip, then load it in Reason to stretch/pitch/chop.
Man! I miss my Reason. :(
It's all good though, I have been doing some pretty incredible things with the combination of Ableton and FL Studio. Surprise myself sometimes.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Sony Sound Forge 10.
Still the best (imo)

Peace

Yea, I am a big fan of Sound Forge, unfortunately my copy always chokes up before it can initialize itself.

wl9729.jpg

hold up... windows 8 and recycle don't work together?????

lmao peace out windows 8. i'll never ever see you in my life.

tumblr_m83xlgAnGm1r8cwpko1_500.gif

i'll be rockin 2012 pc's 60 years from now because i rocks with recycle. loyal and ignorant.

wl9729.jpg

hold up... windows 8 and recycle don't work together?????

lmao peace out windows 8. i'll never ever see you in my life.

tumblr_m83xlgAnGm1r8cwpko1_500.gif

i'll be rockin 2012 pc's 60 years from now because i rocks with recycle. loyal and ignorant.

That's how I felt at first, but I got over it.... eventually. Still have an urge to fire up Reason and Recycle, but... nope, can't do that on Windows 8

Recycle works with Win 8 after the latest update.

I never found a use for recycle. It only loads wav/aif has no real timestretch, editing functions. You're better off cutting a loop out in anything(including Reason's audioclip)and then dragging the loop to an audioclip in Reason.

Last edited:
Recycle works with Win 8 after the latest update.

I never found a use for recycle. It only loads wav/aif has no real timestretch, editing functions. You're better off cutting a loop out in anything(including Reason's audioclip)and then dragging the loop to an audioclip in Reason.

yeah it sucks that it only loads wavs but 90% of the time that's what i'm messing with anyway [wavs]. its strictly a slicer for me. i get somethin goin in virtual dj or some actual vinyl and everything stems from that.... hand on the timestretch on my turntable or VDJ. Get the sample goin where i want it... usually i'll have a percussion sequence playing in the background already. VDJ has the loop function on the play button so you can basically play your chops and audition right in VDJ. Then i'll just record the whole song without ****in with it once i know i wanna use it.... then into recycle. then you can really get nasty with it in recycle.

thats one of the ways i'll get it going.

Just bought Reason 5 in Combination with Recycle, its awesome! Rewired in FL Studio = deadly combination.

Exporting all slices seperatly in .wav to drop it into Kong.

Chop beats with edison and load into FL Slicer. Routed to MPD32 pads. I come up with the best ideas when I can do them with my hands.

Back