What VSTs do you use for POP/R&B Beats?

aquariusxx

Please help

I've been producing rap/trap music for over 2 years now and I'm getting tired of it since I've been listening to a lot of R&B lately and i would want to start making R&B beats but i have no idea what VSTs to use or so. I have an idea about what i would like my beats to sound but i don't know if there are any VSTs that some of you guys may use mainly for R&B ... or expansion packs for some VSTs?
I want to achieve the Roy Woods/ Partynextdoor /Tinashe sound .. Those beautiful floaty beats
any help would be appreciated :)
Thank You :)

Last edited:
so you are looking for some cool sounding electric pianos (aka rhodes/wurlitzer/etc), some saxes, trumpets and trombones, bass guitar and some sort of funky guitar (scarbee have some good libraries for the bass and guitars), and then some drum kits

my suggestion would be to get NI Komplete 10 (ultimate edition if you can afford it) as it covers all the bases s well as providing you with additional synths, libraries and fx

so you are looking for some cool sounding electric pianos (aka rhodes/wurlitzer/etc), some saxes, trumpets and trombones, bass guitar and some sort of funky guitar (scarbee have some good libraries for the bass and guitars), and then some drum kits

my suggestion would be to get NI Komplete 10 (ultimate edition if you can afford it) as it covers all the bases s well as providing you with additional synths, libraries and fx
Thanks for your help bro. I am mainly looking for some sounds like this" vid . me/7ceq " ( delete the spaces and the "s because i can't post links yet )
I will try out the Komplete 10. I only have Massive and Kontakt now

If you have Fl Studio use Harmless and Harmor. Those have some of the sounds you're looking for. The main thing with achieving that sound is adding distortion, saturation and a little bit of filtering.

Back