What the **** do you think your doing ?

DjPolair

I'm asking the FP community. What are your plans for this Industry ? I mean this website is called Future Producers, so, its safe to assume that that's what you wanna be doing in the future, you wanna make a living of this ? you gotta work hard, you gotta practice, i bet, you don't even understand what practice is, you assume that making a few beats a day is practice, it isn't, practice is studying yourself, identifying your weaknesses, and work until your better, what is your exact goal ?

if its just a hobby, then your good the way you are, you wanna make some beats, discuss some music, that's fine, but turn off your hopes of succeeding in the music industry right now, delete all imagery of fortune and fame

do you wanna make a living ? we're gettin higher on the mountain, the air is colder, most of you probably can't keep up anymore, its easiest to quit and keep working your job, that's where about 96% of you are, including me

do you wanna break in the industry and make it on top ? that's one hell of a goal you've set for yourself, only like 4% of people seriously make the decision to do so, 99% of those 4% will quit somewhere along the way too, being great is a commitment, its a sacrifice, you sacrifice your old being, your current life, everything, for something much bigger and better, but the mountain's very high here, we're talkin mount everest, dead zone, the desire to quit is soo big, its hard to resist, you would have to study every tool there is in music, spend hours everyday, identifying your weaknesses and getting better, its not beautiful and nice, no big money and party's, its about 10 years of working like absolute hell to perfect your skills, why do you think bobby fisher was chess master at age 16 ? because since the age of 9 he played chess for hours every single day, why is tiger woods so good ? because he practices for hours a day ? why is dr dre one of the greatest producers of all time ? because he spends all his time in the studio, he once said in an interview that he was in the studio for 74 hours straight, perfecting the shit he was working on, why is t-minus so relevant now ? he said in an interview he'd spend all night finding the right sound, even days and weeks, are you ready to put all that work in ? why do you think the most successful men are always reported having the sickest work ethic ? dr. dre, wlll smith

this isn't supposed to be some corny ass speech, I'm talking to this community, are you aware of what you do in the industry ? are you aware that having this as a hobby and talking about how to get major placements is pointless ? what the **** do you think your doing ?

not being mean, just askin, shakin you up, so many dreamers on here, time wasters who don't understand the rules of success

what is your goal ? what are you doing ? lets take drew from this forum, i bet he spends more time on beats than everybody else on here, I'm confident he'll cosign everything i said, the reason for this thread is that..if you don't know your place in the industry you should keep your mouth shut, if you do this for a hobby, your not moving towards dr. dre status anytime soon, and i don't wanna read your threads about major shit that's out of yo league, peace

i just want to live with my head above water, even if the shit is a regular 9-5, link with a nice chick, and grow as an artist.

Plan to continue my studies at a community college and get my AAS in Business and do this producing as much as possible......

Eventually I want to live off music. Ill get a 9-5 after I get my degree if i have to with the goal still being to live off music. Doing a few diff things....

Trying to get adsense money coming in from youtube by doing tutorials for producers....

Got a drumkit for sale: AG Beats Official Drum Kit - AG Beats - Instrumentals With Feeling!

I try to lease beats @ AG Beats - Instrumentals With Feeling! - Beats

and im going to work in other products along the way, such as mixing and mastering, etc. One day I hope to own my own studio and charge for recording time.

Im good at this producing thing and I make hot beats at just under a year of producing, so I know that if I continue to progress I will gain both fans in the producer community and in the artist community.

Eventually I will be working with major artists selling only exclusive licenses. This will also bring in nice backend from BMI....

Also plan to be submitting to PUMP regularly trying to get placements that way as I just got the green light from them.

I only have to sell 11 beats @ $500 a pop per month, which is SUPER cheap for exclusive licenses, and I'll be able to live VERY comfortably. I'll get to that point and WAY beyond soon enough.

Last edited:
Most likely headed to Berklee College of Music in September of 2013. Planning on starting an independent label, but when I finish my time at Berklee, probably gonna look for an unknown artist to manage to get my feet wet in the industry before I do the label.

I only have to sell 11 beats @ $500 a pop per month, which is SUPER cheap for exclusive licenses, and I'll be able to live VERY comfortably. I'll get to that point and WAY beyond soon enough.

That's actually pretty damn hard to do.

If your selling to up and coming artists, that's way past the typical budget. If your selling to artists with a lil bit of buzz, they would pay that, but selling 11 of them in a month is not realistic.

Last edited:

If your selling to up and coming artists, that's way past the typical budget. If your selling to artists with a lil bit of buzz, they would pay that, but selling 11 of them in a month is not realistic. If your selling to "majors" they would pay that, but with the politics of the industry 11 beats a month is unfathomable.
I’m with you .

If your selling to up and coming artists, that's way past the typical budget. If your selling to artists with a lil bit of buzz, they would pay that, but selling 11 of them in a month is not realistic. If your selling to "majors" they would pay that, but with the politics of the industry 11 beats a month is unfathomable.

basically.

lol i dont look at it like that, it seems pretty damn easy to me. Just gotta make 11 beats that 11 people like and sell them for 500 each.

Once I get placements and my credibility goes up, the price goes up and the number goes down. 1,000 for an exclusive and I only have to sell 5/6.

Not to mention other streams of income.

lol i dont look at it like that, it seems pretty damn easy to me. Just gotta make 11 beats that 11 people like and sell them for 500 each.

Once I get placements and my credibility goes up, the price goes up and the number goes down. 1,000 for an exclusive and I only have to sell 5/6.

Not to mention other streams of income.
damn its that easy??? than shouldnt there be hundred of guys trying to do that... o right there is nm

Every month we get a few threads about this. If you know all the requirements to make it, then why havent you?

A guy tell us how to make it, havent even made it himself.

Ironic.

Last edited:
Every month we get a few threads about this. If you know all the requirements to make it, then why havent you?

A guy tell us how to make it, havent even made it himself.

Ironic.

because i'm not gonna sacrifice everything to make it, i'm just explaining to others how to make it

because i'm not gonna sacrifice everything to make it, i'm just explaining to others how to make it

GTFOH! If you niggaz don't want a career in the game? Step the **** out the way for the people that do.
How can you make thread saying something to people and you don't even want it.

This forum is ass backwards.

you guys are so negative its sad lol. As you think so you shall be. And yeah theres hundreds of people who SUCK ASS trying to make a quick buck and failing of course. People who just jump in like shiiiiit yooooooooo lemme mek deez beatz rite fasst yoooo so i can selzz dem for monies someone send me kardiak string stab and lex luger rise n i mmek deez hitz

Im not saying im the greatest or better than anyone but Im only getting better. I'll have been going at this a year in october/november and I've already made about $150. As long as I keep expanding the numbers can only go up. It may not happen how I have it planned out it may but either way in the future I will be living off music.

Notice I said music, not selling beat leases or even selling beats in general. You gotta diversify.

Dude, if making music is just a hobby for people, they're probably not aspiring to be the next Dre, or to necessarily succeed in the music industry as you say. They just like to chill, sort their thoughts, and make some jamz. Hence, "hobby", not life-style. Get off your high-horse. And maybe I'm being naive here, but I like to think that most people that have started to actually sacrifice their lives & money for the opportunity to make music are realistic enough to know that it's a sh*t-load of work and it's anything but parties, women, and bubbly.

And wtf are you talking about when you say it's pointless to learn & discuss major placements? There's never anything negative about expanding your knowledge on the industry. Even if it is a loooonnnngggg shot for 99% of us, if that opportunity ever does somehow arrive, it's better to have SOME kind of a clue what's going on so these labels don't take advantage of you. Stupid point you made there.

And lastly, you say making a few beats a day ain't practice....smh. Of course that's practice! Especially if you have enough commitment to actually find a few hours every day to sit down & make some joints. Of course just banging away at your keys or pads isn't gonna cut it, you need to have some intent behind it to actually improve yourself. And of course, to really make a living at it you need much more than a few hours each day to improve to the level to actually make a living off it, but to say banging out a few joints every day does absolutely nothing for you is false. Again.

i really dont get why people say you should quit music to concentrate on your job

lol pls if you actually enjoy music you gonna do it either way in your free time

Smdh!!!

I can't believe im even posting on this thread. Why is everyone worried about what everyone else is or isnt doing. focus on yourself and your craft. Try your best to make moves the best way possible. Some will make it some won't, It's ok to dream as long as thats not all you are doing. I dream during the day, because I want to live my dream and I take step towards that. Others dream at night because they are not doing anything positive they are sleep. You must gain the knowledge of the music business that has drastically changed and will continue to change. Look at the end of the day to be 100 with ya'll. YOur success is determined not just by how hard you grind promoting on the internet but by doing what actually works. YOu have to find what works for you, what strategies help you sell beats, and make artists fell where you are coming from, they must respect you first. It boils down to spending money as well. that is a big part of it. It takes money to make money you need to take chances and spend it in the rht places and Im not talking about SC vip promo bullshit. There are so many other advertising methods that can be used. Think about how many people are online, think about how many people all over the world that so music. You have to be sick in the head if you think they dont look for new production. But you have to be visible in order to be found. My goal - Become Visible so the whole world can find me. Artist find me, I am not gonna Spam the dam internet " saying look at me i make beats" They are like so... does everyone on this website or so does 100,000 others. You need to step you game up if you want to compete with all the other producers who I know for a fact are making a living off of beats. And yes some do lie about how much they make.. but who cares because they are making the dough.

The idea of making it is different to everyone else. The music industry isn't just making music for major artists though many people here only think about it that far. Imo Johnny Juliano, SSO and Vybe have made it. They are living the dream of making music their profession period. There are tons of people out there doing that as well that you may or may not have heard of. I only care about making a substantial amount of income from music. I plan to keep a 9 to 5 anyway. This is side money to me I guess if you want to call it a hobby feel free but its a hobby that keeps extra money in my pockets.

Pretty much what Kev said... only for me it's a hobby that has been depleting my pockets the past 2.5 years ever since I left soundclick alone.

And I still think that it's a good way to increase business opportunities in other areas...if you get successful...

Last edited:
Back