what synths do you have?

THM said:
That's a decent setup !! About your future additions: the MD is great as well as the Morpheus (a little old but great for pads/synth strings - with its amazing sound features like the so-called Z-plane filters). Have fun !!

Thanks THM :)

After I heard that incredible 13 minute MP3 demo of the MD, I was SOLD!! :bigeyes:

I'm thinking of changing the Emu PX-7 to the XL-7, since it caters more to sound creation...

The Morpheus and Wavestation are definitely vintage, but those 2 can create some amazing pads, perfect acquaintances for K5000s, XTK, & V-Synth :D

Well

I have these ones interconnected with MIDI

Master: Roland MC 909
Thru: Roland D2, MC 307, MC 505,
Thru: Korg ER-1, EA-1, Karma
Thru: Yamaha EX7
Slave: Roland SP 808ex

Jammin': Roland Phantom

I'm tryin' to make a whole instrument with all of them lookin' for sinergy , I only use MIDI cables, not records, PCs or mixers...

balma said:
Well

I have these ones interconnected with MIDI

Master: Roland MC 909
Thru: Roland D2, MC 307, MC 505,
Thru: Korg ER-1, EA-1, Karma
Thru: Yamaha EX7
Slave: Roland SP 808ex

Jammin': Roland Phantom

I'm tryin' to make a whole instrument with all of them lookin' for sinergy , I only use MIDI cables, not records, PCs or mixers...

if you are not using a mixer, how are you getting all your synths to play out of one set of speakers? Are you just plugging them all into different amps/speakers or something? How would you record the music you make? I don't understand.

Well, it's very easy. I have 4 standard speakers (one on each corner of my small room) , and my stereo has four inputs.

The two Electribes have external inputs. I send the sound signal of the MC 505 and MC 307 thru them.

I connect the stereo outputs of Karma and the Phantom to the INPUTS (aux, line in) of the Roland SP 808 sampler.... and do the same with the others...

In this way, I can reduce all the synthetizers outputs to just four outputs , and I connect them to my stereo inputs.

Sincerely, I don't know how to use a mixer (ignorant!!!!), I think I don't need it for the moment, I grew playin' and composing direct on the keyboard secuencer, with no PCs mixers ...

I have been collecting keyboards ad grooveboxes in this years (by the way, in Costa Rica, you have to work 3 months to earn $1.000 ...)
and never changed my way to produce and edit. I just record and edit directly to the secuencer of each synth, and use MIDI cables to syncronize the BPM of each one, and start to play with all of them at the same time, controllin their signal with the master volume knobs.

;)

balma said:
Well, it's very easy. I have 4 standard speakers (one on each corner of my small room) , and my stereo has four inputs.

The two Electribes have external inputs. I send the sound signal of the MC 505 and MC 307 thru them.

I connect the stereo outputs of Karma and the Phantom to the INPUTS (aux, line in) of the Roland SP 808 sampler.... and do the same with the others...

In this way, I can reduce all the synthetizers outputs to just four outputs , and I connect them to my stereo inputs.

Sincerely, I don't know how to use a mixer (ignorant!!!!), I think I don't need it for the moment, I grew playin' and composing direct on the keyboard secuencer, with no PCs mixers ...

I have been collecting keyboards ad grooveboxes in this years (by the way, in Costa Rica, you have to work 3 months to earn $1.000 ...)
and never changed my way to produce and edit. I just record and edit directly to the secuencer of each synth, and use MIDI cables to syncronize the BPM of each one, and start to play with all of them at the same time, controllin their signal with the master volume knobs.

;)

actually, you do know how to use a mixer :) . You are essentially using your synths and stereo as a mixer.

All a mixer is is a thing with some inputs that you plug your stuff into and it makes them all come out of a stereo set of outputs... and that is what you are doing with your rig.

As long as that is working for you, you don't need any other mixer because your stuff is doing the job of a mixer.

wow, you're right. I didn't have too much communication with other producers, until a few months ago.

I connect the "rec out" of my stereo to a marantz cd burner. I record each jammin session, play the same song 8 or 10 times, and I record on cd while I'm playing. After that I choose the best one. Not too much complications, maybe for my ignorance or my isolation.

thanks!
:)

ahhh, a marantz cd burner.
any hifi equipment is worth the last penny you got, but marantz... (drool, drool)

Hades...

That Marantz was a very bad deal...
sometimes CD gets stuck, or last an eternity initializing. :(

well, I´d have to admit, I´ve only heard their cd-players and tuners, and it was love at first sight...
no experience with hifi cd-burners though...

well, it burns digital and optical, that's a good feature,
when CD don't eject, a good kick works....

anyway, it works for my purpuses, : record on the fly...

peace... :

Back