What Synthesizer is most recommended?

Dries, welgekomen op FP
met zo´n naam zal je wel Vlaming zijn zeker....
true point about the NL1 and 2, thta´s why they´re called Nord Lead, no ? But the NL3 is lots less harsh sounding than the 1 and 2.

cane creek, you connect the midi out of your controller to the midi in from the virus and there you go.
and there´s usually no difference between rack and keyversions of synths, and if there is, it´s usually the rackversion that comes out after the keyversion and has a few more extra´s like more polyphony, newer os (but that can be upgraded),...
needle201, I wouldn´t say you will never need to dive into menu´s to program (with the virus I wouldn´t know how many menu´s are hidden, since I´ve only shortly tested it in the shop), of course you will. (anyone who doesn´t go into his menu´s might as well be using a keyboard instead of a synth). I´m just saying íf I look at my menudriven roland gear, and then play with a clavia, you wouldn´t believe what a breeze that clavia is. I just hate and hate the hours I waste going through menu´s (after all the hours I already needed just to get to know where all the menu´s are) while with the clavia it´s almost all at the push/turn of one or two buttons/knobs away...
I just don´t understand why all of a sudden, with the start of digital synths (DX7 and sorts), they had to make it all so complicated. Before 1984 (roughly), all synths had dedicated buttons/knobs for almost all parameters, and it took them more than 10 years at least (given a few exceptions) before they brought out some synths again that were user-friendly.
Even now, lots of big synths are still way too much menu-driven, while they should ALL have userfriendly interfaces.
Its´like they want you to run a computer with the keys and screen of a calculator... :cry:

no prob
I just replied to your quasimidi thread with a link to your expansions, but I would really suggest you try something else if you just want your drums... You might wanna look into the Korg electribe ER-1, they sell very cheap 2nd hand now, and are better than the quasimidi ´s for what I´ve heard, plus they have the same groovebox easy interface.
or even a roland groovebox, some people will say not to get them (I´m selling mine), but that´s only because they lack good sounds (actrually, in my opinion although they´re fun, most groovbeboxes lack good sounds), but if you need drums only, it´s a nice little thing for your money. almost any new roland gear contains all the basic old drummachines of the 80´s (the TR-series) since after all they were originally roland. I got no use for my MC-303 any more (got an xv-88), but if you just want good drums in a good and easy to work interface for not much money, try the roland or electribe ER-1. If you got more money to spend, perhaps consider a real drummachine rather than a groovebox.

Hey whats up? with all honesty I used to have a Virus B desktop, but sold it awhile ago. I have been looking at getting another new C version. I love and miss the Virus. But with all the VSt instruments software I have, I honestly don't think I need it. I think if you go the software direction you can learn programming, amazing soiund quality. Cheaper hands down. Won't break down. apart from the odd crash (just save).

Listen to them all and decide what one is most you,as although each have a charactor, but it's the artist who makes a synth really sing! :-)

I like both the nord and virus a lot, although if you want a more epic lead i'd probably say a nord, while if a aggressive sounding synth is your bag i would have to say go for a virus!I don't think at all that they sound generic and like everyone else(i love the nord lead, but it's probably even more common than the virus as it was the first hardware VA avalable!)!All the virus's(from A to TI)are fantastic soundwise and once you get programing them you will get used to the interface fast! Jp80x0's are f***ing great for trance and go well cheap, and in my opinion are worth every penny(crap FX though!lol!).Nords are wicked!the nord lead 2x racks are also avalable cheaply and are excellent synths esp for big room trance(no real FX so get a lexicon reverb too!)!Also the nova/supernova,an1x and ms2000 are wicked VA's too so check them out!

Don't rule out the roland alpha juno either!(esp if you like hard dance!)they go for cheap and are great for this job!(capable of great PWM/hoover sounds + much more!). :-)

as i've said, for a soft synth go with sylenth1...you can make some AMAZING leads, basses and pads with it that are perfect for trance...i know many producers who solely use this synth for trance leads and basses...

for hardware, i would recommend the access virus ti as every trance producer has this in their arsenal...let me know if you have any questions...

Back