What Studio monitors and audio interface should i get?

Suposium

Hello, I'm new here, but. I've just started out producing, and my speakers are really dodgy, I'm looking for some new ones. Any suggestions, anything under $250 for a pair would be good, Ik thats kind of cheap but I'm on a budget

I'm also looking for an audio interface I have no clue what brand or model to go with for this. my buget for that is under $200

I mainly do progressive house, but the equipment I already have isn't really cutting it.

Thankyou.
- Suposium

I am impress with this information you posted and by the way you got a good looking site. I like your good work.

I will keep it in mind thanks for sharing the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'm new here, but. I've just started out producing, and my speakers are really dodgy, I'm looking for some new ones. Any suggestions, anything under $250 for a pair would be good, Ik thats kind of cheap but I'm on a budget

I'm also looking for an audio interface I have no clue what brand or model to go with for this. my budget for that is under $200

I mainly do progressive house, but the equipment I already have isn't really cutting it.

Thankyou.
- Suposium

Go to the store and try out a few combinations until you find something you like. Us telling you brand models wont help because we don't know how well or poorly your room is tuned. If your room isn't treated having the best monitors wont do any good.

So go to guitar center where they have decent treatment, see what you like then start treating your room or hire someone to tune your room and then get some monitors.

As far as an interface goes. There are many. Ask yourself

How many i/os do I need
what will this interface be used more

this will point you in the right direction.

Go to the store and try out a few combinations until you find something you like. Us telling you brand models wont help because we don't know how well or poorly your room is tuned. If your room isn't treated having the best monitors wont do any good.

So go to guitar center where they have decent treatment, see what you like then start treating your room or hire someone to tune your room and then get some monitors.

As far as an interface goes. There are many. Ask yourself

How many i/os do I need
what will this interface be used more

this will point you in the right direction.

cheers mayn, I plan to go the local music shop on the weekend and look around

Stay away from Tascam unless you wanna be buying a new one every couple years. They stopes making drivers for my us122

get some yamaha hs50m or something similar , you can have them for 300-400 a paire , its useless to get cheaper monitors imo , for audio interface i suggest scarlett 2i2 can have it for 120-150 and its provide an accurate and good sound .

Last edited:
Back