what speakers are that

Pretty sure those are custom builds for the studio. Usually done with loudspeaker cabinets installed in walls to match the rest of the studio. No way I could tell the specified parts used from that pic.

Last edited:
^^^The ones in the second pic aren't the same as the ones in the 1st.

Second pic looks like JBL 4435s but still, could be ANYTHING.

Last edited:
New, no idea. They're older speakers, you can probably find them used for $2-3k. I may be overpricing.

But a new pair of Loudspeakers of that caliber(dual 15" woofers ect. from a decent brand)be prepared to at least spend $4500 pr $12k isn't even 'out the ballpark....$15-25k...it could happen.

Last edited:
You're gonna have to find a studio getting rid of a pair or find a direct pro audio surplus that hasn't discontinued them.

Even if not that exact pair, most Pro Audio places will carry dual 15" woofer loudspeakers, but again, buying retail, be prepared to pay $4500 for a cheap pair, $20k is a fair price for loudspeakers in that range. Hope you have a kick ass setup to go along with those. :cheers:

Here's some similar stuff to what you're looking at. Again, the JBL 4435s existed in like 98. And I'm not 100% sure that's what I saw in the 2nd pic, just looks close from the small amount of the speaker I can see. If I could see the horn, i'd be sure. JBLs have a funny looking horn.

http://www.daleproaudio.com/c-504-s...Term=&ViewType=1&sortEntity=8&CatID=0&ManID=0

Also understand those prices are for the single speaker(unless they specify pair). Multiply by 2 for a pair.

Last edited:
Often times those very large speakers are custom built. Large far field monitors like that can easily run $10,000-$200,000 for a pair. Many different manufacturers make far field monitors like that, and they're usually flush mounted into the wall. ATC is probably one of the better known manufacturers for large monitors like that, but Genelec, Quested, PMC, Adam, etc all make large far field monitors. Usually they aren't used to work on all the time - they're there to check how mixes will sound on a large system like a club system or a live venue that might have 15" subs everywhere, etc.

Back