What songs got you into electronica?

Heiress of Valentina (Alesso Exclusive Mix) instantly pulled me into the world of electronica/dance. I've never looked back since

Believe it or not. Prodigy!! The entire Fat of the Land album blew my mind. Then I went and got Music for the Jilted genration and that blew mind as well. It's amazing how well that holds up even though it is old now!!

Trance in 2009 I guess - Armin van Buuren - Fine without you
Electro House - Hardwell Spaceman
Dubstep - Knife Party Ultra set
Glitch Hop - KOAN Sound - Sly Fox
Deep House - my personal friends live DJ mix in the city last year

90's eurodance at first made me curious and into the electronic music, but the first song i fell in love and still am was Above & Beyond's - Sun and moon. Somewhere 2010 i think. So not so long time ago.

"around the world"- Daft Punk
"Smack my B**** up" - The Prodigy
"Move for me"-Kaskade
"Elevators"- Outkast

VNV Nation - "The Farthest Star"
Oneworld - "Lingus"
Al Bizarre - "Fire Breazze"
deadmau5 - "Brazil (2nd edit)"

Last edited:
Bjork and Portishead(though not electronica, per se, in record stores, they were in the trip hop section which was usually in the electronica section)
From there, I got into Metalheadz drum and bass, Squarepusher and Aphex Twin, and on from there until 2001 when I got back into hiphop.

Going to local parties that played early jungle and trip hop. So it wasn't just any one song, I usually didn't even know what songs they were until much later when I started digging. At first it was just that vibe and chilling with those people. I was used to hanging around metal and punk kids so electronic was just more relaxed and open minded. You could bring your girl ;)

- David Guetta the world is mine
-Benny Bennasi
- Dj Tiesto (touch me)
- Faithless Insomnia
- Paul van Dyk nothing but you
and others

Definatly Fedde le Grand - Put Your Hand Up For Detroit :p
I really liked the flow in that song, and I wanted to do the same thing.

Back