What should my studio consist of?

I.C.E. Prod.

i don't really have a studio right now. I've got a desk, a midi keyboard, M-audio Axiom 49 to be exact, i've got a laptop with my DAW (but i will move to a PC) and my speaker is an iHome :-)p) What should i have other than a midi keyboard to start a studio? Audio interface? Other m-audio equipment? MPD18? Anything just give me ideas of what i should get and a website would be nice too, thanks!

Last edited:
I'd say you already have a functioning basic setup. Can't really comment on how an iHome is for mixing, personally. But a pair of quality studio monitors or headphones might be on the list. An audio interface would be useful too. Check a look at Presonus for some good ideas in a decent price range.

Otherwise, what you want to add from there is up to you. Mics if you're gonna record vocals. Little synths and gadgets you might find along the way. Effects processors. And all that is getting ahead, because most DAWs and VSTs these days handle most of what hardware can do, without taking up the space.

Definitely would recommend getting some solid studio monitors and acoustic treatment, and eventually an interface to reduce interference and latency, as well as gain the ability to record with pre-amps.

Back