What should I call this beat?

Lol this sounds like some dub n techno, hip hop. Nice.

Name this whatever it feels like>

Last edited:
Lol this sounds like some dub n techno, hip hop. Nice.

Name this whatever it feels like>

I've been experimenting with dubstep a lot recently. This thread's title is a question but can also be considered a title for the beat as well. Hehe

---------- Post added 11-20-2012 at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-19-2012 at 11:03 PM ----------

A little insider!

I made this beat by rewiring Reason 5.0 and Ableton Live 7.0.1 into Fl Studio 10.

The Kick and Snare are from Chemical Kit 02 on Reason's Redrum

The Wobble Bass was constructed on Reason via modifying Subtractor. ( see luckydatevideos tutorial Create a Dirty Dubstep Synth in Reason! (Tutorial) - YouTube)

The Synth Saw is from Pro-53 VSTi by Native Instruments. I've added a Stereoized effect from Fruity Flangus, Complex 12 from Gross Beat's pattern and have used the Cathedral Reverb.

The Harp and Flute are from Edirol's Orchestral Kit. I have put Acoustic Room Reverb, Single Delay and a Venue Reverb. Both instruments have had Stereo Enhancers added to them.

The Tabla is from BigFishAudio's World loops and I have stretched the time so that it fits in with the tempo which is 70 bpm. A Retro effect has been used on the Tabla from the Filter options.

I initially wanted to make pure dubstep beat, but to push my own creative envelope I composed a melody and used Western Classical instruments.

Hope you liked the beat and feedback as well as criticisms are always welcome!

I'm not big on the current Hip hop scene so don't know the rapper you mentioned but will definitely check him out on Youtube or something.

It reminds me of a futuristic forest for some reason/zelda, So something along the lines of that.

It's so hard to name other people's tracks!

How about: "Neon Forest"

Last edited:
It reminds me of a futuristic forest for some reason/zelda, So something along the lines of that.

It's so hard to name other people's tracks!

How about: "Neon Forest"

You are so right about the Zelda thing, it maybe is a result of them reverb effects on the Harp and Flute and yes Neon correlates with the Electro elements.

If you're a big fan of Harps, Flutes and other instruments that create a nature scene then please listen to Adrian Von Ziegler as it's because of him that I've been inspired to come up with the "Zelda"/"LOTR"/"Celtic"/"Gothic"/ETC. sounds.

You are so right about the Zelda thing, it maybe is a result of them reverb effects on the Harp and Flute and yes Neon correlates with the Electro elements.

If you're a big fan of Harps, Flutes and other instruments that create a nature scene then please listen to Adrian Von Ziegler as it's because of him that I've been inspired to come up with the "Zelda"/"LOTR"/"Celtic"/"Gothic"/ETC. sounds.

Glad I was able to catch that!

yeah i feel zelda to, nice beat in regard to the name i would limit it to 3 possible names then take a vote on it somewhere idk thats an Idea

return the favor_!_
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/new-song-future-city-stro-ft-gilly-f4f-sub-sub-424795/

BSY

3 seems like a safe bet but I'm liking every suggestion I'm getting lol.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Keep them names coming... I will probably merge some of them together. BTW for the people who would like to hear more "Zelda" sort of stuff, then please listen to my "Festival of Lights" piece by visiting Festival of Lights - YouTube

Back