NEW SONG - Future City - Stro Ft. Gilly F4F SUB for SUB

Just checked you out. The song decent. The beat hot but its to low you have to turn it up some. Me personally just think the vocals are to plain like there was no type of mix done to it. I just got the hang of mixing vocals down just need to figure out mixing instrumental tracks.
You should check out this article i found. It doesnt matter if you arent using pro tools pretty much the same rules apply!
Oh and you should use the post video buttom when writing your thred so people dont have to leave future producers just to go here your track on youtube! its right in the box when your posting or repling.
How to Process Vocals for an Amazing Professional Sound

thanks for that article, idk if you ever used adaucity but when you eq it do you just use preset or what, i really dont know what to do honestly- like which sounds need a a higher (eq filter?) to make them sound good and others need a lower (eq filter?) i new to the mixing side which you can probaly tell.

Nice like the beat/theme. You could improve it by boosting that 808 and actually maybe just the rest of the beat. Work with the mixdown a bit and put it through your favourite mastering suite

does anyone know iif audacity has reverb????? i ve looked and all i have found is G verb, any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
its sounds like crap, i dont think its like reverb or if it, its just a terrible try at it IMO

The song has potential, the raps needs to be taken off this track asap!

First thing you need to do is get the track your trying to spit on to radio level. Its so damn low that besides the bells there isn't really anything going on. Then once you have got the track to this point, you need to go out and get a mic that actually is decent. From there re spit the lyrics and get someone to mix your vocals. Everything is dry that it sounds terrible.

What you need to realize from a mixing perspective is that your trying to make it sound like the whole track vocals and all were recorded in the same space. This way its harmonic and feels correct to the ears. If you sent me the the track I would love the challenge of making it better.

The beat was pretty quiet and kinda boring imo. Just didn't do much to me. The bass did hit hard and the drums sounded well mixed, but again it was just kind of stale and didn't really go anywhere.....

The rappers sounded bored and lazy lol. They should have drank some redbulls or something before recording.....

They should have drank some redbulls or something before recording.....
lol that made me laugh i admit i dont like my verse that much (im chrous n verse #2) he hit me up to record and i was like yeah i guess, i already kno i should never be like that and for delay n reverb i do kno i need that very badly

Just turn up the volume on the beat so it's in sync with the vocals and other than that this piece is pretty much flawless.

lol that made me laugh i admit i dont like my verse that much (im chrous n verse #2) he hit me up to record and i was like yeah i guess, i already kno i should never be like that and for delay n reverb i do kno i need that very badly

Yeah man, I mean I'm DEF NOT trying to knock your skills by any means. I don't rap myself, definitely don't have the talent to do it, so it's something I'm envious of, and I'm not qualified to really judge the quality of your flow or skills at all. I was just commenting that the delivery seemed a little lethargic and I don't think the beat was bad at all, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I feel the track. the beat goes hard but like everyone said the volume should go up. the lyrics fit the beat. everything should sound better once you get the levels right!

As everyone one said before, the volume on the beat is too low. This needs a mix down. I like it, it sounds hard but it's nothing new.

Yeah you definately need more energy in all the vocals, that's the #1 amateur mistake people make, you need to go in on that mic like your life depends on it. The vocal quality ain't horrible but what kinda gear yall using? Sounds like some Macbook microphone or a really low quality mic, if your going to do this on the regs gotta get the mic to keep up, If someone sent me this song I would have turned it off just listening to the first bar.
Which is a shame since the beat is decent but way too quiet!

Check me out https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-beat-nice-keys-all-feedback-returned-424778/

Turn that beat up!!!! You got delivery on that beat but you have mixing issues big time. Yall sound like youngins too lol look up "EQ and Compression" that should help your vocal mixes!

its gettin redone by some one on here should be much better when done, thanks for the FB! will get back to you all now

Back