What is the modern sound of the street???

Celski

i am a 40 year old hip hop fan. when i was young, hip hop like pete rock, dj premier and easy mo bee were the sound of the streets in nyc when i was growing up. what do you you think is the sound of the street today? i am too old to be up to date ;)

[peeps head out the front door]

Jeezy.
T.I.
Gucci.
Future.
2chainz.
Rick Ross.
Anything with a Lex Luger/Mike Will/Justice League beat.....SLOWED down of course:4theloveofgod:

I don't hear to many NY artist like I used to. Even uberstar's like Jay, Busta and Nas don't get casual street play down here in FL...only when they new albums come out. The South has Risen and taken a shyt, piss and vomuted on everyone.

depends on where you at and it depends on what age group you're talking about. The younger the age group the more dance related the music will be.

depends on where you at and it depends on what age group you're talking about. The younger the age group the more dance related the music will be.
exacty. location can play a huge part in what people in your area listen to. for example its not uncommon here to ride down the block with 22 year olds bumping 2 pac hard. People here never stopped listening to 2pac or old school bone thugs ect. People here will listen to new stuff but its also not uncommon for a 22 year old to think that the new shit is crap.

Back