What Is Next For Rock

A

absinthe76

I THOUGHT FOR A MINUTE THAT THE STROKES AND INTERPOL WERE GOING TO THE SAVIORS OF THE ROCK GENRE BUT THWEY HAVE FAIL TO CONVINCE ME OF THAT........THE WHITE STRIPE SERIOUSLY NEED TO GET A BASS PLAYER I CANT IMAGE WHAT THE NEW ALBUM SOUNDS LIKE LIVE WITH OUT THE BACKUP GUITAR AND BASS SOUNDS........I WAS WONDERING IF ITS POSSIBLE TO MAKE THESE GROUPS UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYONE SHOULD ENJOY MUSIC AND NOT ONLY A SELECT FEW.......BUT REALLY DO ENJOY THE NEW A PERFECT CIRCLE, MARS VOLTA AND THE DEFTONES ALBUMS......I JUST WE COULD GET MORE ROCK THE SOUNDS AS INSPIRING!!!!!!!!

so you think that the white stripes should get a bass player to make you happy?their new songs sound awesome live cause he is a really good guitar player.in general bands make music to satisfy themselves,not other people,if you want m,usic made for people then listen to linkin park.

kenworth said:
so you think that the white stripes should get a bass player to make you happy?their new songs sound awesome live cause he is a really good guitar player.in general bands make music to satisfy themselves,not other people,if you want m,usic made for people then listen to linkin park.

good point, isn't it kinda like how some bands' members start up other bands? They do it just because they want to satisfy themselves. Kinda like the Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stonge Age but not exactly.

abs, you're right, the mars volta is one of the most interesting and promising band out there and i don't care much for the white stripes either. what's the point of paying $30 to see a guy who looks like he's been playing guitar for less than a year and a drummer who shows no musical hability/invention whatsoever? did you know mars volta and a perfect circle are touring the u.s. together soon?

plastic.soul said:
abs, you're right, the mars volta is one of the most interesting and promising band out there and i don't care much for the white stripes either. what's the point of paying $30 to see a guy who looks like he's been playing guitar for less than a year and a drummer who shows no musical hability/invention whatsoever? did you know mars volta and a perfect circle are touring the u.s. together soon?

nyaaargggggggggh you dont get the white stripes at all.,the point is it sounds dirty and he is a really good guitarist.

"BUT REALLY DO ENJOY THE NEW A PERFECT CIRCLE, MARS VOLTA AND THE DEFTONES ALBUMS......I JUST WE COULD GET MORE ROCK THE SOUNDS AS INSPIRING!!!!!!!!"
-absinthe76

Inspiring? i dont think A PERFECT CIRCLE can get more depressing.
dont get me wrong i like their music but it certainly isnt 'inspiring' at all.

Beast2k1 said:

good point, isn't it kinda like how some bands' members start up other bands? They do it just because they want to satisfy themselves. Kinda like the Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stonge Age but not exactly.

The Tool and APC connection is a perfect example. Maynard has two bands for a reason. Each band expressing a part of himself.

Dude, I love the Strokes. Why are you so unsatisfied with them?

I thought that their new album was genious. It was a mix of all modern music into one. In it you could find hints of country, reggae, ska, beatles, punk, etc. Unique and artistic indeed.

The white stripes are ok too. And to say that Jack White has been playing guitar for less then a year is to dismiss the man's life. He's got 4 albums allready. I don't know about you but I find soul in the man's riffs. Although I have to admit, they do sound alot like The Kinks

Last edited:
the future of rock is as follows...it will have loud guitars, and bass guitars, and pounding drums, and involve sex and drugs....

In the next 5 years a new nu genre called nu-hair metal will rock the airwaves. Guys will wear make-up and tight pants. Rock ballads will make a comeback...

UPPER_CUTT said:
In the next 5 years a new nu genre called nu-hair metal will rock the airwaves. Guys will wear make-up and tight pants. Rock ballads will make a comeback...

you may be onto something there bud....who got the hairspray?

has anyone realised that you guys have just been throwing personall opinions around.
one guy likes tool the next hates them, one guy is inspierd by U2 the next thinks they have no talent. the personall opinion thing doesnt matter if a band makes people happy then they are good, just cause they dont have the same effect on you does not mean they are not good.
But as for people being able to play there instruments good, you really need someone to compare to, well for guitar you would use someone like hendrix, so compared to hendrix kurt cobain wasnt the best guitar player but doesnt mean his music was bad. malmsteen not as good as hendrix but a very good guitar player, but compared to kurt cobain he is god but the poor guy cant write a song like nirvana could.
now who is better is now all about personall opinion nothing els.

Did you get your name from the Animals song, "house of the rising sun"?

g|e|o|f|f

plastic.soul said:
what's the point of paying $30 to see a guy who looks like he's been playing guitar for less than a year and a drummer who shows no musical hability/invention whatsoever?

:rolleyes:

I am praying against a Darkness Fronted hair Metal revival, I was hoping Nirvana had killed that genre for good.

Perhaps the next big change will be another local sceen breaking it big, although with the internet it is harder for scenes to develop in isolation now

Back