What is jedi mind tricks sampling

T

the pharmacyst

I'm a big fan of Jedi Mind Tricks. Some of their stuff can be mediocre but some of it is just straight up insane. Where and what the hell are they finding their sounds from? It reminds of war scores and opera and some other crazy stuff. I don't want to jack their style and be like them but their sounds are so unique it would be pretty valuable information. It just seems like another genre of music or something that i'm ignoring or don't know about. They've got some good sounds that I wouldn't mind digging for for that extra flavor.

You pretty much answered your own question:

Check out Soundtracks-scores to movies, Operas, Classical music.

Watch a movie with emotional orchestration........ listen to see if you like its sound track, figure out who composed the music, try to find that persons work.

"Check out Soundtracks-scores to movies, Operas, Classical music."

the funny thing is that they sample really poupular movie scores....I remember one of the songs on Visions of Ghandi they sampled Candyman...that horror movie.

on Violent by Design...they sampled spanish songs and professional wrestling sound bites

they even sample disney movies and sh*t. that nigga Stoupe is a fool.
Konvict

"they even sample disney movies and sh*t. that nigga Stoupe is a fool."

they probably sampled a disney movie for "Blood Runs Cold"...

they also sampled that movie "Lord of Illusions"(i think thats what its called) for the song immaculate conception...it a horror movie...clive barker film i believe.

stoupe might be a fool, but he always hooks up a tight beat. i agree alot of the stuff on visions of ghandi ive heard before... but alot of the samples on violent by design are less common
i unno, you dont always have to dig deep for a dope sample... that animal rap one was hilarious. i love listenin to vinnie paz rap about killing people and being hardcore over classical music.

They sampled Julio Cesar Chavez on the CD Legacy of Blood. But I saw Gza in the credits too. I wonder what he had to do with it.

Oh yeah, that same song is on that damn 'Diamonds are Forever' commercial. Crazyness...

Last edited:
strizzack said:
They sampled Julio Cesar Chavez on the CD Legacy of Blood. But I saw Gza in the credits too. I wonder what he had to do with it.

Oh yeah, that same song is on that damn 'Diamonds are Forever' commercial. Crazyness...

I rember that ****!! dam the way i noticed was i was watchin SNL and they was making fun of that and i heard that music in the background. i new it.. dam some stuff on legacy of blood also sounds like it might have come from braveheat. im prlly rong thoughy.

Yall hear here his new Joint that was just released some serious tracks on there. I'm feelin most the samples. Pick it up.

Stoupe's mother is Greek and he knows a lot about greek music.he has sampled 60's greek music in some tracks.dope producer...

Back