What do you think about the mix and the mastering of my music?

Shaded Pest

Hey, might you hear my music "Through Your Eyes" and say what you think of it's mix and mastering?
I've done the mix myself and done the mastering with Mpmegas, i think that his mastering worths well the $15 i paid
But say your opinion
Also say something about the music itself if you want, haha!
Thanks!
https://soundcloud.com/shadedpest/through-your-eyes

Last edited:
The song came through as pretty good, the music is definitely having some character to it. The mix is center muddy, it has too much mids, highs and reverb, it has too little gain, too little low end and the sound sources are panned too closely to each other. Very common issues. I think you should work on your monitoring process a lot more and also on the recording... It's just that some issues are beyond your awareness, by working on the monitoring process you can bring some of that back into your awareness. Because since you've come this far I'm sure you would know what to do if you would become aware of what to focus on. I guess that's the tricky part about mixing and mastering.

Please correct the issues I mentioned and post a new version, then we can together fix this...

Last edited:
I was working at this music these are the problems, really

Last edited:
Yeah! Thanks! I really need a better monitoring, i used cheap headphones for this music, chinese headphones that i bought in eBay for $25, hahaha, and the recording was made with a $15 guitar USB cable... Will start working at the issues you said

Yeah! Thanks! I really need a better monitoring, i used cheap headphones for this music, chinese headphones that i bought in eBay for $25, hahaha, and the recording was made with a $15 guitar USB cable... Will start working at the issues you said

It's incredible what you did with that cheap gear. :) What you can do with those cans is to A/B with some pro material and focus on where you are missing frequencies compared to the reference material, focus on these separately: low, low mid, mid, high mid, high. Then distribute the boosts/cuts as much as possible across: MID, SIDE, L, R, EQ, VOLUME/GAIN, EXPAND, COMPRESS, MIX, AUX...

Last edited:
Back