What do you think about ghostproducing

Man dudes around here are SO lame and dumb, and have no idea how the business world works.

In case you don't know it happens all the time, not just in music.

A lot of times companies buy out inventions and products and put their names on them.

Coca Cola purchased their recipe from somebody else, and then turned that into a huge company through their work.

Ain't no foul play it's called either you have the business sense and savvy or you don't.

If you ain't got no money, no hustle, no business savvy what good do your beats do collecting dust?

You can have some of the biggest bangers this world have ever known and with no marketing, no promotion there's a good chance nobody will ever know.

And guess what that all takes...MONEY.

Dudes don't understand there's more facets to the 'Music Business' than just music.

So I'm saying if you had music on that level there's realistically two options: You either hold onto it until you have your business aspects taken care of, or you give it to somebody that knows what they're doing and already has all the other stuff in place.

As far as people getting jerked I really don't have much to say- as long as people are stupid about stuff there's always gonna be somebody willing to take advantage of that.

It's not right or wrong, it's business, hell consumerism takes advantage of the fact that people are so impulsive when they're trying to convince you that your 08' model car is junk and you need the 14' more than the air you breathe, and "hurry up and get it cause deals like this don't last".

When you see a commercial like that on TV do you sit there and think there's some evil boogeyman behind that?

No, I bet not.

If there's an opportunity to make money without literally stealing it, take it, but if not don't be mad at the next guy for being able and willing to.

Jesus.

Would u take ur 5 hottest beats that u have n give them to mike will made..
n let him toss his tag on them for a check..??

Not just you but anyone who has commented...
Would you be willing to do it..??

Last edited:
As long as I was getting my credits absolutely.

When I get my money up I might be on the same stuff myself.

Refer to Deranged's last post.

A real business man makes money for other people too, not just himself.

It's no different than the restaurant down the street from you.

They're providing jobs for other people, buying products from vendors, etc, etc on down the line.

You could no f*ck with other people too, but then what makes you think other people will f*ck with you?

I'm trying to tell you- you will never be put on without putting on.

The confusion we're having here is that in hip hop the word producer has come to mean someone who creates music rather than produces it. The Beatles had producers but they didn't write any damn music. The job of a producer is to turn music into a product. When a DJ buys a track and slaps their name on it, the track becomes something marketable. The guy who made it wouldn't make a dime trying to hype it himself and nobody would show up to his gig, so whether you like it or not the DJ is adding huge value to the equation. It's not based on artistic merit, but artistic merit is a fictional part of the equation.

Even in hip hop, everyone ghostwrites raps and has people write raps. It's not something people try to publicize but it's not frowned upon in the context of the hustle. Hip hop producers use shit from other producers but they're still providing a step in the process of creating a product. The other producers get credit too, just go look at credits. Nobody cares as long as it's kept in perspective. If you buy a beat and go around saying "listen to this I'm the best with an MPC" that's one thing, but even if you did the least creative work in making a hit and you're the one that made it the hit you're a great producer.

The operative words here are "their work". This story is about someone selling another producer's exact work under his own name, without permission. He can be sued for this.

No no no, what happened here is there's a service you can pay to produce you a dime a dozen club banger exclusive and royalty free. The OP made it sound like he bought a track that was meant for consumers, but this was a professional ghostproducer.

Quote from their website:

Producer Factory is a newly developed concept that allows you to purchase any track on this website exclusively and sell it as your own. Create a new professional image or just rise above the rest with our high quality productions by well-known artists. We offer nothing less than the best and assure your fans approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beatles had producers but they didn't write any damn music.

this may be true of Glynn Johns, Alan Parsons and Phil Spector, but George Martin not only wrote music for them (as in wrote arrangements which is part of the producing stream of activities depending on your skill set) but also conducted the session musicians and played piano and organ with them in the studio

Back