What do i start with?

P

psYkeOnline

Hi pplz.
I won't to get started but i don't know where to begin.
I live in australia and i'm unsure where to buy my gear.
I was thinking of oredering from some american stores and the remembered that it would cost double the price because the Australia dollar is only 50 cents to the US dollar.
I'm almost broke and i know i'll have to save a bit but is there any places or stores i should look around in and if i can't find anything should i just buy the turntables seperatly and buy myself a mixer board?

Thanks.

whatever you do, don't go cheap. Boxed sets are ok, but NEVER get anything but direct drive. I've got a pair of crappy tables, and I've been regretting it since the day I bought them. I really wish I just saved the cash for good ones.

Whatever you do, make sure that you get a pair of decent direct drive decks... you can upgrade your mixer later on...

This is just a word of caution. I don't mean to discourage you but if you're almost broke, may I suggest you look into some other aspect of electronic music. DJing is VERY VERY expensive. I wouldn't want to see someone spend their last nickel on some TTs and a mixer just to discover the insatiable thurst for vinyl. Not to say you can't do it with very little money but it's going to require good financial planning.

Back