what do i do?????

D

DJwannab

>> first off i love techno music.I wanna mix my own but how do i get started??? what kind of equipment is needed??

Well basically u need two turntables and a mixer. or u could go with cd players and a mixer. what format would u like to use ? what is ur budget ?

get a starter pack

if you wanna start either get a starter pack that comes with everything you need...or you possibly get some comp. programs and mix on your comp.

Starting out

I DO NOT suggest mixing on your computer - if you really like the music and want to get into mixing, computer mixing will leave MUCH to be desired. Vinyl is the STANDARD in the mixing community. You really ought to TRY out mixing before you buy anything, find some friends that have the equipment, or go to a Guitar Center - or an equivalent music store. I say this because the stuff you need to buy can very expensive $$$! To answer your question though, you need a mixer... gemini makes some good mixers at very affordable prices. As for the turn tables you should make sure to purchase DIRECT DRIVE ones. Again gemini makes some tables that can be bought at lower prices. If you are running on a higher end budget then Technics MKIII's should be bought, or NuMark Pro-T2's, or similar. as for the mixer Gemini makes some really good mixers too (on the higher end), Vestex also makes some AWESOME mixes. It all depends on your budget. Do some research, find what can fit into what you can afford and make a decision. Also I reiterate the fact that you MUST try it out first due to the fact that it is such an investment. It would be a bummer to buy it all and only find out a month later that you really dont like it!
Hope all this helps...

-=P.L.U.R.=-
Ryall

Back