what can YOU do?

chipsnaces

guys...i wanna hear some of the music you all make. post what you are proud of and tell me 2 or 3 influences that shape your s h i t. mine are all chemical brothers, TCM - Tweekend, and The Prodigy - Fat of the land. i know im one of many, so if anyone is going for that same sound, i really wanna hear what you can make -- chips

I just finished this track. Mainly influenced by Steve Angello, Harry Romero etc... techy house style. If anyones heard Subliminal Sessions 8, that is the sound I'm going for here. The harder stuff.

my influences are tiga ewan pearson and jacques lu cont. You can check out some of my music by clicking my music

Last edited:
nickmcl, what program did you make that in? sounds a little like some daft punk i know. i like it. how long have you been at it?

chipsnaces said:
nickmcl, what program did you make that in? sounds a little like some daft punk i know. i like it. how long have you been at it?

Thanks dude. Wasn't realy goin for a Daft Punk sound but love them so thats cool. Used Reason. Been producing about 18 months, started doin hard trance, been doin house about 6 months.

Run the subtractor into the advanced reverb (voc 4th delay i think), then compressed and send to a small mixer where it meets the already compressed drums and compressed all that together.

I would really like to, but I’m a bit shy, so I haven’t really posted any serious tracks of mine. Like to day, we had this really pretty weather here in Norway... the sun was shining, all leafs where yellow, a bit windy and all quiet. I have my studio in front of my windows now, so I just sat down and started to play loose on my Juno-60. Suddenly I tweaked a nice bass line, and I turned on my Nord Lead 2 and mannish to tweak I beautiful pad. The one thing led to another, and suddenly I was working in this trance mix. All inspired by the beauty of the weather outside. Not playing hysterically to be good or sealing a record deal, but only playing and making music because it’s fun and makes me feel good! That’s what influences me! One day I may share one track or two. Keep on making music, dudes and dudettes! :cheers:

cubbyhouse said:
I would really like to, but I’m a bit shy, so I haven’t really posted any serious tracks of mine. Like to day, we had this really pretty weather here in Norway... the sun was shining, all leafs where yellow, a bit windy and all quiet. I have my studio in front of my windows now, so I just sat down and started to play loose on my Juno-60. Suddenly I tweaked a nice bass line, and I turned on my Nord Lead 2 and mannish to tweak I beautiful pad. The one thing led to another, and suddenly I was working in this trance mix. All inspired by the beauty of the weather outside. Not playing hysterically to be good or sealing a record deal, but only playing and making music because it’s fun and makes me feel good! That’s what influences me! One day I may share one track or two. Keep on making music, dudes and dudettes! :cheers:

that all good dude, but the way you described what influenced your music makes me wanna hear it. it doesn't have to be about developing your skills or sealing a deal, just sharing your creativity and emotion with other likeminded people.

chipsnaces said:
cutoff, couldnt download your stuff. nickel, i like that song when it kicks in at 2:22

you can not download it. It should just stream from the site. did it not work?

cutoff...
nope, but i cant figure out anything, i still cant listen to songs on soundclick. maybe i need to download something

the soundclick player should open when you click on a song. Or just right click on the play button and save the stream link to your desktop and when you click on it itunes or windows media player should open i think.

xenonproject,
notch your songs up to 130bpm and watch your songs come alive. anything below 120 is sounding a little boozed, know what i mean?

fleizenfruz: hey, man good ****, you are good at making fills and equalizing your drums to match each other, you could speed it up a little, but also, ever notice that all your songs run long, you are always sticking to four beats per new part, knock some to two beats and keep that **** moving forward

Back